Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Binding Post Specifications
    I'll post this here for the benefit of DIYers wanting to swap speaker binding posts. Primarily dealing with measured dimensions required for a binding post conversion. I'll add more to this thread as questions determine specific needs.

First up is the ideal length of any new binding post being considered for adapting to the Devialet. Most high-end binding post manufacturer's like WBT, Furutech et al have specifications pages where you can check to see if the binding post you'd like to use will fit or can be made to fit this specification and how much they'll need to be shortened. This page will only deal with lengths, widths and diameters "inside" the box and not outside measurements with the possible exception of a particular set of binding posts being confirmed too large in diameter to fit next to each other in the Devialet rear access panel center-to-center binding post hole-spacing. It's rare but it happens!

Ideal 'length' measurement should be 21mm from Devialet exterior access panel wall to tip of male spade terminal. You could be a mm or two (max) short but any significant measurable overage in length will have you reaching for a file or Dremel tool. Too long is an easy fix... too short can ruin your day!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Thanks!