Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brown-out protection?
We had a short power cut overnight, probably one minute or less, and my 1000 Pro was fully powered down this morning (no display, no response to the front-panel button, not on the network).  After unplugging it from the mains and plugging it back in, it powered up normally and isn't showing any faults.

Thinking about it, I don't know why the amp didn't power up again directly after the power cut.  I haven't seen this before, and wondered whether the Devialet's power supply has some kind of brown-out protection built in, which needs to be reset by a "proper" power cycle before it will re-start.  Anyone know?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Yes, good point, that could explain it.
Warwickshire, UK
Turn the power off and on now and see what it does in a normal situation. I’m quite convinced it normally stays off.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Normally, if I power it off and on again, it immediately goes through the start-up process and is ready to play. If left, it would then go to sleep after 40 minutes (in my configuration); in that state the display is lit dimly, and it will wake up when the front panel button is pressed. So this was definitely something different.

(If it always went from power-on into the state it was in yesterday, I'd never be able to use it!)
Warwickshire, UK
@thumb5, high-quality power supplies and controls always go off after a power failure (failure, over-voltage)! This prevents so-called commuting, switching on, switching off again x times or switching on again after switching off an overvoltage or short voltage peaks, and thus protects the electronics! Wink
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Understood, and that's what I assumed was happening in my original post. What I am not clear about is how it distinguishes between me pulling the mains plug out and then putting it back in a few seconds later, in which case it powers up normally as I described earlier, and the situation a couple of nights ago where the mains power obviously failed and then came back again, in which case it stayed stubbornly powered down. I suppose there must be some logic to differentiate between total power loss and under-voltage or varying (RMS) voltage, for-example.
Warwickshire, UK
(17-Mar-2020, 10:36)thumb5 Wrote: Understood, and that's what I assumed was happening in my original post.  What I am not clear about is how it distinguishes between me pulling the mains plug out and then putting it back in a few seconds later, in which case it powers up normally as I described earlier, and the situation a couple of nights ago where the mains power obviously failed and then came back again, in which case it stayed stubbornly powered down.  I suppose there must be some logic to differentiate between total power loss and under-voltage or varying (RMS) voltage, for-example.

Hi, that's exactly how it is. Limits for voltage, frequency, etc. are stored. Every time you switch on, the limit values ​​are checked, everything is ok.
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria