Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
But, is anyone working on the software at Devialet?
(02-Jul-2016, 18:30)Dr Tone Wrote: Got this nice reply on twitter today:

Dear friend
fixing AIR is on going. We are aware of some issues  and won't let you this way. It just takes some time and we need to adjust our priorities. I hope you understand our position.
Kind regards
D

Sorry to hear this guys. Looks like we're in the same boat.
Fixing this crackling issue is prolly not on their priority list either...
Or is their solo software engineer "frantically working on it" now?
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
To be fair, there has been overall, an improvement with the Spark at each generation. The update a month+ ago incorporated radio and global search (I think) for all that the Spark covers. I was impressed and that bumped up my regards for their software considerably. There are still growing pains of course but credit where credit's due for me, I see Devialet improving their software.

On a personal level, I would really really love to see a high capability EQ to compensate for room and taste.
(07-Jul-2016, 10:00)MountainGuy Wrote: On a personal level, I would really really love to see a high capability EQ to compensate for room and taste.
+1
It shouldn't be too difficult. I have brutefir running on a RPI2 together with moOdeplayer. HW specs of Dialog are not inferior.
(07-Jul-2016, 10:00)MountainGuy Wrote: On a personal level, I would really really love to see a high capability EQ to compensate for room and taste.

Hi,
Using my Room Correction DSP (DSPeaker 2.0) via Sonos Toslink out then to Aux Toslink in on Spark, and it's definitely annoying that the crackling static sound is now in my daily sound.  
Somewhat agree...Devialet have added new features, but to be honest isn't those things like "marketing material" and still the basic... It's like we do/fix  things if it benefits Devialet...the problems you may have..that is your problem.
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
really wanted to buy phantoms, but thanks to you guy, i will skip this speaker and buy something else. It is stupid from devialet that in 2016 dont fix basic problems.
(11-Jul-2016, 11:05)McChicken Wrote:

Hi,
Using my Room Correction DSP (DSPeaker 2.0) via Sonos Toslink out then to Aux Toslink in on Spark, and it's definitely annoying that the crackling static sound is now in my daily sound.  
Somewhat agree...Devialet have added new features, but to be honest isn't those things like "marketing material" and still the basic... It's like we do/fix  things if it benefits Devialet...the problems you may have..that is your problem.
If you feel that way you should join in solidarity with Expert users and sign their petition.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/devialet

Devialets attitude appears the same to both groups of customers, and no doubt the crackling noise is caused the same underlying issues AIR has since they're likely to be shared code/methodology.

The more pressure and negative publicity the petition brings, the more likely they are to up their game and start looking after their customers. Feel free to share it too!

The full thread is here. http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3180

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I'm having the same issues and feelings. My original pair of phantoms would shutdown when i turned the volume over 80. It was a process to get the speakers exchanged. At least they don't shutdown now but the static and crackling are still an issue. I was planing on getting more phantoms but this system is to much work. If you calculate the time dedicated to trouble shooting and contacting service along with sticker price these are no longer worth it for me. Maybe someday they'll lauch a fix and I'll add to the system that is if i dont get something different before then. Anychance they will partner with apple and get access to their resources?
The Devialet software team were spotted having a day out at the races recently.  I guess they should have been working feverishly on AIR and Phantom stability issues, but they deserve a day off.....

1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I just bought a pair of silver phantoms and have this static crackling sound too. I really hope they solve this issue soon.

I was thinking of getting a gold phantom for the bedroom but with these issues and also the problem of my apartment wifi signal being not strong enough to reach my bedroom despite my apartment being really small (as someone here mentioned, it was suggested I use an AirPort express to have a stronger signal) are a bit worrying and I'll wait and see how the software improvements are made.

I really like the hardware, but these seemingly basic software issues are letting them down.
Congratulations with excellent speakers! Smile
The crackling issue will be fixed in the next firmware update for the Dialog, according to Devialet customer service. If your wifi signal isn't strong enough, the on-board PLC should work fine, even on separate circuit breakers as long as you don't have any surge protection in the chain. Works well for me.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage