Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buy two Phantoms, Get a Free Turntable!
(10-Dec-2015, 10:21)Confused Wrote: I must admit that by the time we got to December this year, I was expecting that the story would be one of waiting lists for the Phantom.  Which would mean no discounts or offers.  However, what we are now seeing is quite a nice little offer in the run up to Christmas.  Does anyone know what the production rate is for the Phantoms?  It does kind of look like they are not quite hitting sales targets?  

Another point that occurs to me, looking at the email for the offer, you get a free TT when you order, no mention of the 45 day trial.  So is this a way to get people to commit outright to a purchase, rather than take the trial?

There's no way they will supply a turntable on their 45 day trail, not knowing what condition it will be returned in, especially if poorly or incorrectly packaged for the return. Then consider wear and tear and possible abuse of the turntable, arm and cartridge/stylus.

I suspect Phantom's sales volumes are quite low, despite the high level of publicity and promotion, not to mention sending review examples to virtually ever tech and gadget magazine going.
I can't speak for the rest of Europe, North America or the rest of the World, but here in the UK, the number of dealers is very small and geographically scattered. There are no dealers in or anywhere near many of the major cities and large towns.

I do also wonder if the emphasis on promoting the Phantom through Tech magazine type channels has backfired and failed.
In almost every case, they only review a single Phantom and only a few mention the possibility and expected improvement of using two in a stereo pair.
The general consensus of all the reviewers in this type of magazine, is that the Phantom is hugely expensive and they give the impression that they are clearly unaware of the sort of prices and level of audio quality that exist in the world of HiFi type audio.
Comments from their readers demonstrate that the average person reading or viewing those channels, thinks paying anything more than about $500 for "speakers" is ridiculous.

I can only conclude that Devialet have missed their mark.

(15-Dec-2015, 06:59)Felix Wrote:
(10-Dec-2015, 14:55)Mohmm Wrote:
(09-Dec-2015, 18:50)Confused Wrote: Pro-ject turntables are made in Austria.....

well, the founder and owner is an Austrian. The TTs are produced in the Czech Republic.

An article in one of the HiFi mags visited the factory in Litovel, Czech Republic.
The company is registered and based in Austria.
Czech labour rates are lower.

Thanks for putting this one straight guys!  The annoying thing is, I know full well that they are made in the Czech Republic, I have read that same magazine article, and worst still, I own one of the things!  Note to myself, if you are going to correct someone on their facts, make sure you get your facts straight yourself.
Yours very humbled .......
(15-Dec-2015, 07:13)Felix Wrote: I suspect Phantom's sales volumes are quite low, despite the high level of publicity and promotion, not to mention sending review examples to virtually ever tech and gadget magazine going.
I can't speak for the rest of Europe, North America or the rest of the World, but here in the UK, the number of dealers is very small and geographically scattered. There are no dealers in or anywhere near many of the major cities and large towns.

I can only conclude that Devialet have missed their mark.

I'm not sure if this information was given to me by Devialet in confidence so I should not divulge the numbers - but I can say that Phantom sales worldwide are amazingly high - just off the scale.

Maybe the existing audio shop UK outlets are not the ideal sales channel, but Devialet Harrods in London are selling lots, and presumably Westfield will be much the same.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
It would appear that the 45 day offer includes the turntable, if you check the website to order, it includes the TT as part of the offer.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50