Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Release Notes - DOS 2.11.5
Quote:On October 13, 2020, we released the firmware DOS 2.11.5 for Phantom Premier and Phantom Reactor.
This release includes the following improvements (compared to DOS 2.11.3):
  • Improved system robustness on some older Phantom Premier models.

• Fixed loss of sound sometimes occurring when rebooting one device in a stereo pair.

• Improvements related to the direct optical mode for Phantom Premier (recommended for professional use only).

Still waiting for AirPlay 2.
Thanks!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Easy update over here on all speakers. One Reactor needed another go, didn't update with the three others at first. I'll be glad if the loss of sound after reboot for stereo pairs has been fixed — had that a couple of times.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
I saw something sort of similar with one old device hanging on the old version.

Saw 3 premier devices updated with the initial update notification,

Dialog needed an extra reboot (symptom: 'cable not connected' error, despite a connected, securely seated, cable w signal) but updated with the initial set and just needed another reboot.

1 older silver needed a 2nd check/push and updated fine afterwards.
Updated yesterday and everything went really smooth and the system has been very stable since then. 4xGold and 2xReactor in total. Do I hear a difference in sound or am I just imagining it? It seems to be more clarity and more the soundstage is a little bit more forward? The bass seems a little bit more controlled, or is it just wishful thinking??
Smooth update here as well. I agree that the soundstage seems improved for us with increased clarity and tighter bass. Very happy with the update.