Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chromecast Audio
I have been using Chromecast audio for a while to use Spotify. Once Spark incorporated Spotify, I no longer use the Chromecast Audio. Works perfectly through any of the optical input.
(01-Mar-2016, 19:07)midi Wrote: Obviously there are very different opinions over SQ:

http://thehbproject.com/en/reviews/184/G...cast-Audio

From the comments (I had earlier posted the link to the video)  it seems like android users have a very different experience. He has promised to try it with android and post an update
(01-Mar-2016, 21:01)ZoMan Wrote:
(01-Mar-2016, 19:07)midi Wrote: Obviously there are very different opinions over SQ:

From the comments (I had earlier posted the link to the video)  it seems like android users have a very different experience. He has promised to try it with android and post an update
As long as Chromecast Audio streams directly from the web using the android/i phone as a remote, I can't understand why there should be a difference in sound quality between iPhone and Android.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(01-Mar-2016, 22:26)ragwo Wrote:

As long as Chromecast Audio streams directly from the web using the android/i phone as a remote, I can't understand why there should be a difference in sound quality between iPhone and Android.

Whether it does or not (stream direct) is dependent on implementation - it can do whatever it's told. I haven't read the article, but maybe it's not streaming direct as used? or maybe the code it calls from each device to initiate streaming is different?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(01-Mar-2016, 22:26)ragwo Wrote:

Whether it does or not (stream direct) is dependent on implementation - it can do whatever it's told. I haven't read the article, but maybe it's not streaming direct as used? or maybe the code it calls from each device to initiate streaming is different?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I have two phantom silvers that are connected to the tv with digital cable from the Dialog. I now want Google home to be able to play music straight to my phantoms. Is the best solution to connect a Chromecast audio directly to the Phantoms with digital input (would then need teo CC audio) since the digital input on the Dialog is taken? Would this setup even work? Any other sugestions would be greatly appreciated.
You'll only need one CC Audio connected to one of the Silver's. Works like a charm.
My Phantom Voyage
(25-Dec-2016, 19:19)ragwo Wrote: You'll only need one CC Audio connected to one of the Silver's. Works like a charm.

Hi.

Do you connect directly to one of the Phantoms or into your Dialog? Do you know whether or not you are able to use CC Audio with wireless speakers form other sources (e.g. SONOS) to multiroom or will the sound of the Phantoms delay compared to other speakers?

Christian
(20-Jun-2017, 09:13)chrlottrup Wrote:
(25-Dec-2016, 19:19)ragwo Wrote: You'll only need one CC Audio connected to one of the Silver's. Works like a charm.

Hi.

Do you connect directly to one of the Phantoms or into your Dialog? Do you know whether or not you are able to use CC Audio with wireless speakers form other sources (e.g. SONOS) to multiroom or will the sound of the Phantoms delay compared to other speakers?

Christian
Hi and welcome to the forum!
It's connected to a Phantom. I believe you'll get a 160 ms delay from the Phantoms but you'll be able to adjust the delay in the Google Home app. You can adjust up to 200 ms. See attachment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My Phantom Voyage
(01-Mar-2016, 08:19)hoalugia Wrote: Hi,
Just joining the chat forum...Not sure if anybody has tried the Chromecast Audio with Phantom? I have a solo Phantom Silver.

I have a chrome cast and use with silver.
It is better than BT, I am enjoying with bugs music and Synology nas,
But chrome cast doesn't support Youtube..T.T