Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine Golds with Silver/White?
Hi! Does anyone know or have tried to combine Golds and Silver/White Phantoms? I have two Golds stereo for my TV and are considering to expand to Home Cinema Smile
Happy owner of 2xGold Phantoms, 2xRemotes, Dialog w/Airplay and Cocoon
If you want the ‘immersive room’ experience you can contact Devialet as they have a special method for distributing audio channels across the range of Phantom you have.

Otherwise this is possible through the Spark app but I haven’t tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Ok, but will there be any issues having Golds as front speakers and for example White as back speakers?
Happy owner of 2xGold Phantoms, 2xRemotes, Dialog w/Airplay and Cocoon
(30-May-2018, 22:35)Hissbull Wrote: Ok, but will there be any issues having Golds as front speakers and for example White as back speakers?

You may notice a difference in sound quality. Some don’t. Some do. Most of all though you’ll notice the Gold Phantom is considerably more powerful so you’ll have to carefully adjust the volume of the back White Phantom to match the Golds or be just below. The Golds also have a wider stage of sound so that may be noticeable. Usually pairing all the same model together is ideal. Again though some people notice differences and some don’t. The maximum volume and power is certain to be apparent though.

Other than that it should be quite seamless. Just make two sets of Stereo pairs and then add them to the same group. Although for the back pair reverse the orientation. So left where right is and right where left is as to match the imaging of the front. Not always necessary but sometimes makes a difference.

Devialet Phantom (White)
(31-May-2018, 03:40)kmjy Wrote:
(30-May-2018, 22:35)Hissbull Wrote: Ok, but will there be any issues having Golds as front speakers and for example White as back speakers?

You may notice a difference in sound quality. Some don’t. Some do. Most of all though you’ll notice the Gold Phantom is considerably more powerful so you’ll have to carefully adjust the volume of the back White Phantom to match the Golds or be just below. The Golds also have a wider stage of sound so that may be noticeable. Usually pairing all the same model together is ideal. Again though some people notice differences and some don’t. The maximum volume and power is certain to be apparent though.  

Other than that it should be quite seamless. Just make two sets of Stereo pairs and then add them to the same group. Although for the back pair reverse the orientation. So left where right is and right where left is as to match the imaging of the front. Not always necessary but sometimes makes a difference.

If people not notice difference in sound quality between the silver and gold, then it is better to send them back and buy bose or sonos or someting like that
(31-May-2018, 14:08)Johnnydev Wrote:
(31-May-2018, 03:40)kmjy Wrote:

If people not notice difference in sound quality between the silver and gold, then it is better to send them back and buy bose or sonos or someting like that

Not really. Just don’t get Golds and go with White or Silver. Good sound can still be appreciated.

Devialet Phantom (White)
I have been listening and demonstrated a stereo pair with one white and one silver. That was before the gold time.

Spark and dialog were smart enough to volume match the two and therefore the pair was behaving like a pair of whites.

I suspect the difference is more important with the golds, not because of the power difference but because of the different tweeter, but I'm honestly not sure it would be an issue for front vs back given that in many systems, be back speakers are often different (often less expensive) than the front speakers.

Let's not forget that the majority of the information is coming from the front and the back are mostly about surround and atmosphere.

My two cents,

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France