Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Core Infinity: since when available?
I am looking at buying an expert pro 220 with Core Infinity, used. The owner says it is 3 years old and had CI built in from the start (not an upgrade).
Can someone pls tell me when CI became available? 
Thanks
Around November/December 2017.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Thank you
Looking in my mailbox Devialet says that the CI board is "...almost there" on October 17th 2017. On November 8th 2017 Quentin Sannié, CEO of Devialet told us in an email that software for the CI was delayed. Then on November 15th 2017 I was invited by Devialet to ship my Expert 250 to Paris for installation of the CI board.
It is not unlikely that the 220 you talk about was produced about this time. My memory is not brilliant any more, but I seem to remember that new 220 Pro CI was available retail as the upgrades were performed.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
thanks, appreciate the feedback. I will be audtioning it next Saturday, then bring it home to compare against my Hegel H390. One of the two will end up for sale...
(10-May-2020, 08:24)pvanosta Wrote: thanks, appreciate the feedback. I will be audtioning it next Saturday, then bring it home to compare against my Hegel H390. One of the two will end up for sale...

A few people have expressed interest in a Hegel / Devialet comparison over the past year or so. Would you mind posting your impressions of the two after your audition? Thanks!
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e
I will do my best to make some notes and post them here.
You can tell in 2 ways if a Devialet has CI:

1. It should have a wifi antenna pointing towards the rear of the unit
2. The screen displays Core Infinity at the bottom while in stand-by mode

Timing wise it's not incompatible.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1