Poll: What is the status of your Core Infinity upgrade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Upgrade complete
40.00%
30 40.00%
Upgrade in progress
17.33%
13 17.33%
Upgrade not started yet
42.67%
32 42.67%
Total 75 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Core Infinity upgrade progress
First to make one thing clear, this poll is just intended as a bit of fun and could not possibly be considered statistically significant.

It is now over a month since Quentin Sannie made his 'Core Infinity' announcement when amongst other things he advised 'We will begin installing your Core Infinity boards as a priority over the coming days and continue through to late December.'  On that basis, we should be a little over half way through the upgrade process.

So how are things progressing?  For this poll to work at all, simply vote per the status of your upgrade as it currently stands the first time you stumble upon this thread.  

Also, this is obviously a poll that applies only for owners of Pro and O'dA models.

I have deliberately kept the voting options as simple as possible, however, feel free to post any relevant specifics, such as 'I have not even had the invite email', I have just received the DHL notification', 'Devialet amp returned to my next door neighbour, who has now travelled to Hawaii for two months', or whatever else.  

The poll will close 17/12/2017, so this will be a snap shot in time, obviously we should get to 100% upgraded eventually, unless anyone chooses not to upgrade.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Upgrade complete, but 1000pro with neighbour until we get home later today - I hope that he has not flown off to Hawaii, or anywhere else for that matter  Big Grin. Whether the upgrade is successful remains to be seen, but I will not know this until I have picked  it up and tried it out - hopefully later on this evening Rolleyes.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
I'll be waiting until the most significant bugs are ironed out. From my point of view the Core Infinity board doesn't yet seem to offer anything sufficiently compelling to offset the likelihood of things that work at the moment being broken during the upgrade, at least in the short term. I'm hopeful that will change and I'll do the upgrade at some point, though.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
No need for me to comment as Ian has written exactly my thoughts.... not had the email incidentally.

*edit: I just received my invitation, but won’t be taking them up on the offer as exciting as it seems to get new hardware with part-functioning alpha/beta software and firmware. It’s a bit odd that the email implies the upgrade offer needs to be accepted soon. I thought it was an open offer but the wording doesn’t make that clear at all.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Got mine back on Thursday. Put sw 11.5.18 on to the Devialet’s and!!! they don’t work. Both units go through the startup process but then the master indicator light immediately turns red. Both units are showing the same info on their display window. Opened a ticket with Devialet, hope to hear tomorrow.
Hey ho as they say,
Cheers,
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
Hello, I'll wait until the first rush is over! 2018 is also still a lot of time, and I hope that then the software runs synonymous error-free Big Grin Big Grin
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I received the mail to upgrade last week but before checking out I was informed that I would get back my unit January 2nd only. As I cannot live without my Devialet over the holidays and New Years eve, I decided to send in my Dev beginning of next year.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(10-Dec-2017, 17:09)wwm Wrote: Got mine back on Thursday. Put sw 11.5.18 on to the Devialet’s and!!! they don’t work. Both units go through the startup process but then the master indicator light immediately turns red. Both units are showing the same info on their display window. Opened a ticket with Devialet, hope to hear tomorrow.
Hey ho as they say,
Cheers,
Bill.

Did you check the status of your amps before you loaded the software? Mine came back with it already loaded and I assumed that for Devialet to have tested the amps, the new software would have to have been loaded.
 Have you tried reloading it?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Hi Axel,
Will give it a go today, many thanks.
Cheers
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
Upgrade in Progress, sent by FedX on Monday 4th Dec to Montreal.
Arrived in Montreal at Plurison on Tuesday.

Now the waiting game.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.