Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using D Prem as preamp
(30-Mar-2020, 16:55)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(30-Mar-2020, 12:06)georgev Wrote: Like so?

yes exactly...

you might have to adjust the relative levels between the speakers and the pre-out to match the gain of the two amplifiers, but yes this is the idea.

Jean-Marie

How would i do that?
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
The amplification factor and the speed of both amps are too much different. In your case, I don‘t recommend biamping.

But for your sureness, you could try ist. Beeing excited.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(31-Mar-2020, 11:39)georgev Wrote:
(30-Mar-2020, 16:55)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(30-Mar-2020, 12:06)georgev Wrote: Like so?

yes exactly...

you might have to adjust the relative levels between the speakers and the pre-out to match the gain of the two amplifiers, but yes this is the idea.

Jean-Marie

How would i do that?
In the screen capture, you have relative level for the speakers which is currently set to 0dB and can be varied between -15dB and +15dB.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Waiting for lockdown to end so that I can get the additional speaker cables.
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
(31-Mar-2020, 13:31)Elztalbiker Wrote: The amplification factor and the speed of both amps are too much different. In your case, I don‘t recommend biamping.

But for your sureness, you could try ist. Beeing excited.

What do you mean by speed?

Given both are probably within less than a 10th of a dB within the audio band, I'm not expecting any difference of slew rate to have any significance nor audible effect.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I mean with speed the slew rate, the absolute strengh from Devialet. But we will read how it works / sounds together.

Regards