Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEVIALET now Roon Ready.
Yes, I can group them together with my Phantoms with RPI as endpoint - nice ! It works, and for the moment no crackles, with 24 Bit !
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
However, the "new" firmware does indeed sound refreshing with better imaging and a more clearer view of the soundstage IMHO ...   Smile
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Yeah. It really does sound better.
More snap in bass section, improved prat, better 3D imaging. Me happy.
(12-Feb-2019, 20:00)listener Wrote: Devialet is perfectly streaming with Roon since long time via Ethernet, also the older Experts. You can use the code also.
New is the RAAT protocol, it is now possible to group it with other RAAT devices and it will play in synchron. If the quality would be better is a question.

Now with the qobuz integration in Roon it is really a strong recommendation (qobuz 4 weeks trial in all high- and low resolution). If you "like" a album in qobuz, it automatically comes into your own library as a new album, no further search anymore.

The quality is much better now ,more open .
It is not a question : it is much much better.

Dev 1000,Melco N10 AQVOX ,Bowers 803 D3
Well, I'm impressed! Not only does it know about the Devialet RAAT implementation but also about the SAM settings, including the name of my speakers Wink

[Image: Capture-d-cran-2019-02-12-21-02-01.png]

... and with the Qobuz integration... 100% pleasure!
Synology DS414 > Roon Optimized Core Kit on NUC7i7BNH > Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI (upgraded from D120) > Cabasse Galion IV (vintage)
I don't have Pro upgrade or CI, and I think Devialet said that non-Pro Experts will not be getting any new features... But does the Roon really need Pro upgrade or CI for RAAT to work? What is the main difference between how it communicates now (even on non-Pro) and RAAT?

Can the non-Pro receive this function, or is this a new hardware in Pro Experts needed:

• Lower power consumption in sleep mode (around 1W)
• Kuzma Stabi S turntable • Kuzma Stogi S arm • Benz Micro ACE H cartridge • PC with MusicBee / WASAPI source • Oyaide d+ NEO B-Class USB cable • Devialet 200 amplifier • Blue Jeans Ten speaker cable • GoldenEar Triton One •

Did you notice the new signal path icon, stating "improved"?

Testing 192/24 with no problem:
[Image: Capture-d-cran-2019-02-12-21-07-41.png]
Synology DS414 > Roon Optimized Core Kit on NUC7i7BNH > Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI (upgraded from D120) > Cabasse Galion IV (vintage)
(12-Feb-2019, 19:52)baddog Wrote: Yes, it works, though oddly enough Roon when one goes to Settings-> Audio it shows the Networked roon ready Devialet with a marking of “Uncertified” in Red.

Should go away by itself see here 
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/expert-...lec_eiffel
 Roon Air / convolution HAF / Devialet Expert D200/ DIY power and speakers cable / DIY Speakers Atohm EURUS 1.0 + DIY active SW 
No time to install it now so I have to ask the question; does it sound better just with RAAT or is it the new firmware and it sounds better with all inputs? @audio_engr , how does it compare with your transport now?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(12-Feb-2019, 21:17)Pim Wrote: No time to install it now so I have to ask the question; does it sound better just with RAAT or is it the new firmware and it sounds better with all inputs? @audio_engr , how does it compare with your transport now?

It is really a marked improvement with this FW update .. the mid-bass is 'just right' and this lifts the tonal character from earlier 'slightly cool' to now perfect analog. Wow, I am impressed with just 30 min of listening as was home for lunch but it does promise a good job done by the DEV guys out there. With the tonal character now correct, you see a better top-to-bottom with sharper imaging and a well defined soundstage. It will surprise you @Pim ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US