Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS 2.12.3 + Devialet app 1.14: it’s there
(03-Feb-2021, 15:39)Renatus Wrote: iMac 2015 MacOS11.2 BigSur, pair of Gold Phantoms (now Phantom1s) ethernet to one Phantom, Auto wif/PLC to the other.
Before 2.12.3 all good. After 2.12.3 the wifi/PLC Phantom phantom keeps dropping out then automatically reconnecting after several seconds. Done restart, disconnected/disabled optical toslink, etc. No difference. Frustrating. Wife is very irritated (with me).

If you use ethertnet to to phantoms you need a switch and then ethernet to the two phantoms and not to one!
(03-Feb-2021, 15:39)Renatus Wrote: iMac 2015 MacOS11.2 BigSur, pair of Gold Phantoms (now Phantom1s) ethernet to one Phantom, Auto wif/PLC to the other.
Before 2.12.3 all good. After 2.12.3 the wifi/PLC Phantom phantom keeps dropping out then automatically reconnecting after several seconds. Done restart, disconnected/disabled optical toslink, etc. No difference. Frustrating. Wife is very irritated (with me).

Tried running both on WiFi/PLC? Works for me.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(03-Feb-2021, 08:29)The source Wrote: @bravocharlie
Can you try from the app  send "report a problem* and submit.
And try playing again?

I submit report a problem every time it happens. I'm sure they love me at Devialet, but I think the more people who make reports, the faster they will address the bugs. As I said before, I had a similar issue with the last release which they resolved by adding the optical auto switch in the app (I think because of all the testing and cooperation I had with them). And, now that I think about it, I will turn off the optical autoswtich on the speaker I have Toslink connected to. I think that may solve my problem. It was defaulted to "on" after the update.

Prior to the updates released this week, anytime I was using the Toslink input, I would go onto the app and manually switch to it. I think in autoswitch mode, it doesn't play nicely with Toslink. I'll report back.
Regardless of where Toslink is set, manual or auto, my system still locks up and becomes silent if I switch between sources, or even open/close apps from which I Airplay, etc. The new firmware screwed up the muting sequence IMO. Every time apps are opened or closed, or source/inputs are switched, the speakers momentarily mute and then unmute. This is a normal feature. Except that with this new firmware, they mute and remain muted/frozen even after a new source has been selected. Resetting the speakers releases this mute.
(03-Feb-2021, 19:44)invictus005 Wrote: Regardless of where Toslink is set, manual or auto, my system still locks up and becomes silent if I switch between sources, or even open/close apps from which I Airplay, etc. The new firmware screwed up the muting sequence IMO. Every time apps are opened or closed, or source/inputs are switched, the speakers momentarily mute and then unmute. This is a normal feature. Except that with this new firmware, they mute and remain muted/frozen even after a new source has been selected. Resetting the speakers releases this mute.

Multiple Threads on Same Topic Click here...
(03-Feb-2021, 18:37)bravocharlie Wrote:
(03-Feb-2021, 08:29)The source Wrote: @bravocharlie
Can you try from the app  send "report a problem* and submit.
And try playing again?

I submit report a problem every time it happens. I'm sure they love me at Devialet, but I think the more people who make reports, the faster they will address the bugs. As I said before, I had a similar issue with the last release which they resolved by adding the optical auto switch in the app (I think because of all the testing and cooperation I had with them). And, now that I think about it, I will turn off the optical autoswtich on the speaker I have Toslink connected to. I think that may solve my problem. It was defaulted to "on" after the update.

Prior to the updates released this week, anytime I was using the Toslink input, I would go onto the app and manually switch to it. I think in autoswitch mode, it doesn't play nicely with Toslink. I'll report back.
I have also been doing this as it also seems to work. But still not stable for more than a few hours
Just got a request from the dev team to try this and send another report :
Unplug Phantom from a PowerPoint for 10 sec
- Re-plug in then wait for 1min
- Press and hold the back button for 7 - 10 seconds then wait for 1.5 min.
- Run the setup again with your Devialet APP
- On the welcome screen, choose: Add a new product (NOT "help me find my products") by tapping a wheel icon on the top and left.
Golds
(03-Feb-2021, 18:04)ragwo Wrote:

Tried running both on WiFi/PLC? Works for me.

Thank you. Tried, no better. Raised a ticket with Devialet.
(03-Feb-2021, 17:46)Johnnydev Wrote:

If you use ethertnet to to phantoms you need a switch and then ethernet to the two phantoms and not to one!

Thank you. Tried without ethernet, same problem with wifi to both.  (The ethernet to one plc to the other worked flawlessly before.) Thanks again tho.
(04-Feb-2021, 08:12)The source Wrote: Just got a request from the dev team to try this and send another report :
Unplug Phantom from a PowerPoint for 10 sec
- Re-plug in then wait for 1min
- Press and hold the back button for 7 - 10 seconds then wait for 1.5 min.
- Run the setup again with your Devialet APP
- On the welcome screen, choose: Add a new product (NOT "help me find my products") by tapping a wheel icon on the top and left.
This procedure did not fix the problem at all.