Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealing with Lipsync (wirelessly)
Hello,

I am new to the forum, greetings everyone!

I wanted to ask for an advice on removing a Lipsync issue between my tv (LG OLED B8) and a single Devialet Phantom Silver. Currently, I am running DOS1 and an optical input directly to the speaker. This allows me to adjust the audio delay in the TV.
However, I am looking for an option to remove the the cable and connect the tv wirelessly (to remove ugly cable running in my room). The problem I have is that the tv does not let me adjust the delay when connected through bluetooth.

I am considering two solutions: 
1. Upgrade to DOS 2. Would this have any effect or remedy? Does anyone have a similar setup tried out?
2. Buy Dialog, so that I can connect optical cable from the tv to dialog, which then would wirelessly send the signal to the speak, while still letting me adjust the delay on the tv (since tv is outputting through an optical cable). Of course, this is a more costly option, and I am not sure about buying Dialog now that it has been discontinued with DOS 2...

Please let me know if anyone had faced similar issues and what you find to be the best solution.

Many thanks!
(01-Oct-2020, 09:01)arteezy Wrote: Hello,

I am new to the forum, greetings everyone!

I wanted to ask for an advice on removing a Lipsync issue between my tv (LG OLED B8) and a single Devialet Phantom Silver. Currently, I am running DOS1 and an optical input directly to the speaker. This allows me to adjust the audio delay in the TV.
However, I am looking for an option to remove the the cable and connect the tv wirelessly (to remove ugly cable running in my room). The problem I have is that the tv does not let me adjust the delay when connected through bluetooth.

I am considering two solutions: 
1. Upgrade to DOS 2. Would this have any effect or remedy? Does anyone have a similar setup tried out?
2. Buy Dialog, so that I can connect optical cable from the tv to dialog, which then would wirelessly send the signal to the speak, while still letting me adjust the delay on the tv (since tv is outputting through an optical cable). Of course, this is a more costly option, and I am not sure about buying Dialog now that it has been discontinued with DOS 2...

Please let me know if anyone had faced similar issues and what you find to be the best solution.

Many thanks!

You might consider your optical cable (only one) and connect to TV just one speaker. This cable is tinny compared to AC cable you have to plug on Phantom nevertheless.  Under DOS2 only one speaker is master and connected to source, as far as I know. This is in case you are about to install a second Phantom. Otherwise just upgrade to DOS2. It's much better and no dialog is needed.
The problem is that the delay is on the Audio-side. it's not common that you can put a delay on video in a TV's, so I doubt you can fix it..

If you want to run Phantoms for TV or Movies, as far as I have understood after ~2 years of playing around, the solution is to use Optical input for the Phantoms and if you want perfect sync you need to enable "Direct Optical Mode". The downside is that you won't have the Phantom connected to Network while it's in this mode..

The best is to split the audio out from the source before entering the TV. Either using optical out on your Receiver, or if you feed your TV directly using HDMI, by adding a Audio Extractor _before_ the TV gets the signal.

Another solution is if you feed video from a source where you can control delay on video and audio separately and manually configure it. This way you can achieve sync even on wireless, although it's less stable on wireless, and I'd suggest you try use wired if you can.