Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dedicated powergroup
Hi guys, this friday i’m finally getting a dedicated powergroup for my audio with good cables, fuse etc.

Anyone of you already did this and want to share their experience?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
When you say "dedicated power group", are you talking about a separate power circuit from your mains board which supplies only your audio system? Here in Australia that's called a "dedicated circuit" and I suspect that it may be called other things in other countries. I've never heard the word "power group" before.

If what you are asking about is what I call a "dedicated circuit" then I'm running 2 separate such circuits, one for my audio system and one for an AV system in another room. They deliver a noticeable improvement, at least here in my home. They don't do anything about noise reaching your system from the grid but they do isolate your system from things in your house such as computers and motors in refrigerators and the like which can add noise to the power circuit in your house and which otherwise could be passed to your audio system. I think you will be quite happy with the result.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(19-Oct-2020, 09:45)David A Wrote: When you say "dedicated power group", are you talking about a separate power circuit from your mains board which supplies only your audio system? Here in Australia that's called a "dedicated circuit" and I suspect that it may be called other things in other countries. I've never heard the word "power group" before.

If what you are asking about is what I call a "dedicated circuit" then I'm running 2 separate such circuits, one for my audio system and one for an AV system in another room. They deliver a noticeable improvement, at least here in my home. They don't do anything about noise reaching your system from the grid but they do isolate your system from things in your house such as computers and motors in refrigerators and the like which can add noise to the power circuit in your house and which otherwise could be passed to your audio system. I think you will be quite happy with the result.

Thanks! We are talking about the same thing

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Yes, I have 2 dedicated lines.

One feeding a Shunyata Everest for essential components (amps, source, switch)
One feeding a Shunyata PS8 for less important AV stuff (Apple TV, Bluray player,...)

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(19-Oct-2020, 12:55)bernardl Wrote: Yes, I have 2 dedicated lines.

One feeding a Shunyata PS8 for less important AV stuff (Apple TV, Bluray player,...)

Cheers,
Bernard

Thanks Bernard. Made a big difference for you?

A few years ago I counted the number of appliances on the same circuit as my Hi-Fi. I was shocked when the total came to 21!  As I had space for a another circuit breaker on my consumer unit I decided to run a dedicated shielded mains cable to my music system and used good quality sockets. It was an easy job as the consumer unit was only a 6 meter straight run to the sockets and I was able to "fish" the cable under the floor.  The results were well worth the effort as it eliminated potential mains interference from switch mode power supplies, TV, modem, router, led lighting etc. and resulted in a clear improvement in sound quality.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(19-Oct-2020, 12:56)KraaijCheck Wrote:
(19-Oct-2020, 12:55)bernardl Wrote: Yes, I have 2 dedicated lines.

Cheers,
Bernard

Thanks Bernard. Made a big difference for you?

To be honest I don’t know because I did not compare with another set up in this house.

But the Shunyata power filtering is amazing. Very high end stuff but I don’t think anything else comes close.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Is there any power board I can buy that won’t let switch power supply leaks back to the mains?

For example i connect all the led, fan, tv into such a power board that stop any noise back to the mains.
When I wired up my house I needed some 6 square mm cable for the stove top (11 kiloWatt) and some 4 square mm for the ovens. Rather than buying the lengths I needed at inflated prices I just bought a whole roll of 6 square mm cable. I used it for the stove top and ovens but also installed two extra circuits for the Od'A's. I never tried without so I can't say it makes a difference but I can tell you I'll never be short of current.  Big Grin
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.