Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 120 "effects loop" possible?
I have a devialet 120 with the preamp option installed .

What I'm trying to do is the following:

Use the devialet to play records but somehow output the signal to a separate box to run room correction (rasperry pi) and then back into the devialet drive the speakers

Just wondering if this is possible?

So the chain would be

Turntable >>>> D120
D120 >>> Rasperry pi (ideally all digital)
Pi >>> D120 (ideally all digital)
D120 >> speakers

Is suspect this isn't possible but I'm wondering if anyone has tried such a thing
I don't think this is possible. You will be able to get the D120 working as a pre-amp but how will you route the filtered preout signal back in?
Synology DS414 > Roon Optimized Core Kit on NUC7i7BNH > Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI (upgraded from D120) > Cabasse Galion IV (vintage)
I'ii also say no for basically the same reason but I'll explain it differently.

To get your digital output you have to select the analog input for the turntable because your digital output comes from your selected input. You pass that output through your Rasperry pi and bring it back to a digital input on the 120 but in order to hear that digital input you have to select it. Once you select it you're no longer listening to the turntable so your digital output is no longer from the turntable. At worst you're going to end up with a feedback loop as the 120 passes digital input from the rasperry pi through its digital output to the pi which passes it back again.

There's simply no way of having the analog input from the turntable active to create digital output at the same time as you have a digital input from the pi active so you can listen to the corrected sound. You can only have one input active at a time and to do what you want to do you need to have 2 inputs active at the same time and have the amp doing different things with the signal from each of those inputs.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I agree, it is not possible to do in real time.

The only solution I can think of that is the closest to what you are looking for would be to RIP your records using the D120, and then play them from digital source > Room correction in the Pi > D120.

Of course, the experience of playing a LP would not be there, but if your objective is ‘just’ to listen to the content while still having room correction, that would do it.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France