Poll: What speakers for best sound quality from the list
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Monitor audio platinum pl300 mk2
22.22%
2 22.22%
Dali epicon 6
11.11%
1 11.11%
Focal diablo utopia lll ( standmount)
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 440 pro ci plus focal diablo utopia lll or daliepicon6,monitor audio pl300ll
For 16 qm I would recommend smaller speakers. 3-way floor speakers in this sizes will fill your room with too much bass - boomy and undefined sound will be the result. Try good 2-way speakers before.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
that depends on the shape of the 16m² room. In this size the room resonance lies in the range that also a small speaker can reproduce, maybe 40-60Hz.
So either you choose a speaker that can be adjusted in this range or you use an active room correction. Devialet Sweet Room could be used here.
Otherwise you will always suffer from resonances, regardless of the speaker. Ok, maybe if you buy a very small one which goes only down to 80Hz...
(20-Dec-2021, 20:25)Elztalbiker Wrote: For 16 qm I would recommend smaller speakers. 3-way floor speakers in this sizes will fill your room with too much bass - boomy and undefined sound will be the result. Try good 2-way speakers before.

Thanks for suggestion.
I've tried a monitor audio pl100 mk1 and they were great (except the scale of sound and lacking bass range of floorstanders) thats why just sold them and looking at some bigger speakers.
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug
(20-Dec-2021, 20:36)Vivialet Wrote: that depends on the shape of the 16m² room. In this size the room resonance lies in the range that also a small speaker can reproduce, maybe 40-60Hz.
So either you choose a speaker that can be adjusted in this range or you use an active room correction. Devialet Sweet Room could be used here.
Otherwise you will always suffer from resonances, regardless of the speaker. Ok, maybe if you buy a very small one which goes only down to 80Hz...

I think when I measured my room a while ago with dspeaker antimode device if I remember correctly had a huge bump aground 50 Hz but now might be different as have added some acoustic treatment what makes a huge improvement for better.

Also like you said I vould always play with a sweet room on the base department to make things better.
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug
Smaller and prefered speakers for your room
PMC Series twenty5 Modell 22 i or 25 i
Focal Kanta 1 or Kanta 2
Gauder Akustic Arcona 60 MK2. or Arcona 80 MK2

Your room make problems at 80 hz and below. It‘s physics.

For example, with sound propagation in air, the wavelength at 100 Hz is 3.4 m, at 1,000 Hz 34 cm and at 1,0000 Hz 34 mm.

About measurements
You will never be able hearing exact frequencies in your small room below 80 hz - independend from using room treatments , sweetroom and so on.

It‘s all an compromise.

I’m sure with more bigger speakers like above you will reach the opposite from that you really want.

Please contact your dealers.

(21-Dec-2021, 02:21)Elztalbiker Wrote: Smaller and prefered speakers for your room
PMC Series twenty5 Modell 22 i or 25 i
Focal Kanta 1 or Kanta 2
Gauder Akustic Arcona 60 MK2. or Arcona 80 MK2

Your room make problems at 80 hz and below. It‘s physics.

For example, with sound propagation in air, the wavelength at 100 Hz is 3.4 m, at 1,000 Hz 34 cm and at 1,0000 Hz 34 mm.

About measurements
You will never be able hearing exact frequencies in your small room below 80 hz - independend from using room treatments , sweetroom and so on.

It‘s all an compromise.

I’m sure with more bigger speakers like above you will reach the opposite from that you really want.

Please contact your dealers.

Thanks for clarification.
As I said before I found that I lime my floorstanding audio physic virgo 5 better than monitor audio pl100 mk1 due to the bigger scale of sound,fuller with more slam accepting some of its disadvantages.

Bearing this in mind I am open for more speaker suggestions but what I am expecting from is to get significantly higher sound quality than I have now which I dont think I'll get from something like the suggested pmc 22 for example.
With an additional Subwoofer and small or filtered speakers you can also get good results. And big speakers are not automatically worse than small speakers in small rooms.
Big speakers are usually more precise in the bass range.
In addition, it is not true that you cannot hear frequencies for which the wavelength is greater than the dimensions of your room. If it were true, you would never get any bass from a headset, in your car, etc…

The fact is with the increased wavelength, the size of the patterns of the comb filtering due to reflections and constructive or destructive interference is increasing that therefore your hears are entirely in such a pattern.
Also treating your room, especially with absorption can definitely help by reducing the level of constructive and destructive interferences and therefore favoring the direct field.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
@Jean-Marie
You are right and please have a look to my choosen word „exact“- we both are not far from our experience and meaning.

Any recommendations for a standmount speaker used up to 4k £ (clean,clear fast with strong base and wide soundstage)?