Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available!
Just noted the date of the original post.
So despite the promises over and over to fix the white noise and other issues,
they haven't even come up with an updated Air for over a year now?
Depressing...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(28-Oct-2015, 09:53)Cylob Wrote: Depressing...

I think they're hoping people will just forget it was ever there….

Of course the PR machine will probably still refer to it as a world first and a 'revolutionary audio transport' or some such thing ….

Anyway, it works - just email support, they can talk you through a few setting changes to fix it! Dodgy

[note to self, get a copyright on the acronym RAT]

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

For anyone still struggling it might be worth trying an upgrade to Windows 10, Devialet are saying it's not supported but actually it seems to be working better! For most people the upgrade should be free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Same deal on Windows 10 for me: white noise.
Did an upgrade though, not a clean install.
Might try that later on.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
What?! Are you telling me that nobody is this forum has upgraded to El Capitan?  My main concern is how this AIR upgrade will fare using Mac's latest and greatest OS.  BTW, the bulk of my listening nowadays consists mainly of streamed music from the internet.  I too was experiencing too many dropouts and interruptions using AIR (Wifi or Ethernet), until I serendipitously use my iPod to stream both Spotify and Tidal.  Here's my setup:  iPod connected via HDMI adapter to OPPO 103D.  103D to D200 via Dynamique Audio Magellan SDIF cable.  Voila!  Not a single dropout or glitch ever.  As a bonus, the sound is glorious!  Much better sonically than streaming from my tricked-out* Mac Mini using AIR.  I was also told that you can connect the iPod straight to the Devialet's USB input using Apple's camera USB adapter.  Warning:  I haven't tried this.  Still using 7.1.3.  Tried all the 8 series FW.  Did not like any of them.  Just my two cents.  

* Upgraded HD to Samsung SSD.  Upgraded RAM to 16GB.
aisip,

Probably some have upgraded to El Capitan; I think there is even a thread about it, but I'm not certain. I had no issues with AIR on Mavericks, but haven't tried it with Yosemite. I haven't upgraded to El Cap as my CADD software is not compatible yet, ut I'm usually a late adopter anyway. I'm also still on firmware 7.1.1, so I'm really behind there....

Like you I do most of my listening as internet radio (Spotify, Deezer and I'm trying Tidal). With mostly CD rips, I don't really need to use AIR much anyway.

Are you streaming radio from your iPod to the Oppo and then into the Devialet?
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
El Captain thread:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...ht=Captain
Hi Damon,

Yes, I stream radio from the iPad via Oppo 103D to the Devialet.  I was actually referring to the iPad on my orig post, not the iPod.  Sorry for the mistake and confusion.  To Confused:  Thank you for the link.

(29-Oct-2015, 21:04)Damon Wrote: aisip,

Probably some have upgraded to El Capitan; I think there is even a thread about it, but I'm not certain. I had no issues with AIR on Mavericks, but haven't tried it with Yosemite. I haven't upgraded to El Cap as my CADD software is not compatible yet, ut I'm usually a late adopter anyway. I'm also still on firmware 7.1.1, so I'm really behind there....

Like you I do most of my listening as internet radio (Spotify, Deezer and I'm trying Tidal). With mostly CD rips, I don't really need to use AIR much anyway.  

Are you streaming radio from your iPod to the Oppo and then into the Devialet?