Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac)
Good point re doing nothing with the CI upgrade, which was their bait to lure us into this "voluntary upgrade". I struggled with paying thousands more for that upgrade, eventually bit my lips for fear of being "left behind".

But it seems Devialet has left it all behind anyway.

BY THE WAY, Devialet never "gave away" the CI upgrade, it cost an arm and a leg.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

Yes, the cost of moving to the Expert Pro was substantial.   I also went from Expert to Pho for fear of being left behind.   Why that was decoupled from the CI update seems a mystery.  But in hindsight, it seems we were all left behind anyway.   I suspect it has been more about a change in management and priorities within Devialet.  Sad.

But it seems their Phantom/Reactor product issues have kept them rather busy of late.  

It will be interesting to soon see our predictions for 2020...
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Yes What Will happend In 2020 . I Think devialet must give US better app so ve Can control all the same things as we Can from the Remote , streaming ploblems about roon and other things, and the ploblems about ther phonostage (hiss) ploblem. And devialet must give information When In 2020 they move , and we Are many that say NOW IT IS ESPERT PRO TIME.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
You just may follow the latest activities. postings of Franck Lebouchard / CEO on LinkedIn to see where Devialet is heading too Undecided
Expanding and putting all energy in new markets (automobile, smart speakers etc), new stores and so on.
Expert Line got abandoned once more and obviously will no longer get the attention it was ever promised.
Markush . It do not Sound Well , but As a compagny , ther information sucks , they talk all the people too upgrade too Pro , and What happend after that , if i guess someone In Nice Office , klap ther hands , look about All the Nice euros , and after that they forget us. Devialet show i have wrong .
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
I also upgraded to the CI board given the claims of future-proofing and vast expandability. But indeed nothing has happened in 2019 and apart from resolving the remote app and stability issues for some, is there anything new on the horizon at all?

Maybe it was foolish to believe that any amp could or would be future-proofed through firmware updates.
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY
Devialet should not abandon the origin of its success and prestige, the Expert line.

It would be as if Porsche abandoned his 911 ... Sad
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
(12-Dec-2019, 05:01)Nakatomi63 Wrote: Devialet should not abandon the origin of its success and prestige, the Expert line.

It would be as if Porsche abandoned his 911 ... Sad

Completely agree, and as an original purchaser of D-Premier, upgraded all the way and now at Pro 250 CI, and an original Phantom owner, now upgraded to Golds, I consider myself fully invested in Devialet's future roadmap.  However I would point out that the recent upgrade of Phantoms to DOS 2, if i understood it correctly, was a key step on the path to the unification of the three product families (Expert, Phantom Premier, Phantom Reactor) onto the same firmware platform.  Presumably with the goal of rationalizing development resources and ensuring all platforms get the benefit of future firmware developments.

My main requirement is stable Roon RAAT support, currently only working over WiFi on Expert and no yet supported on Phantoms.  After that the often hinted at room correction would be nice.  Things like Airplay 2 and surround sound etc. are not important for me, but I understand they are for others and they certainly broaden the market appeal of the products.

So I'm hoping for the best, even if Devialet's chequered history on software delivery and abysmal communications leave a lot to be desired.  

Completely brilliant and infuriatingly idiosyncratic.  Could only be French.
Today there come a mail from Devialet , saying. // It is not too late // It was about ordre phantoms and other things , that is ok , But where is Just a Little inform about expert Line , nothing absolut nothing , before i have sent mail too devialet ,about there communication , who i say ,it sucks , Devialet. Respons , With they give me different ploblems i could go into , they absolut NOT respont about What i say, it only confirm What i belive , they give a shit ,about Right communication, about expertline.
Ah, the Devialet Scrooges have been very preoccupied this year making sure that all the good boys and girls who invested lots of money in their Expert gear are going to have a very barren Xmas to match the rest of 2019.

In fact the most productive focus on our Expert equipment resides in the 11 wasted pages of conjecture to which I am now adding. The real reasons are of course the focus on expanding the range and capabilities of Phantom plus dabbling elsewhere with soundbars and high spec automobiles à la Naim.

All of this eats up precious electronic and software engineering resources, so am afraid the Expert’s cupboard is bare and will probably remain so in 2020 as I suspect Devialet have bet their existence on the Phantom line.

So, here am I the ghost of Xmas future looking down on the stripped corpse of the Devialet Expert unless of course Devialet see the light and give us some Xmas cheer and hope.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.