Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac)
It's that time again! The 2018 thread was a bit dull to be honest, not much happened in 2018, and indeed, nobody managed 3 decent accurate predictions.  The old adage that the one thing predictable about Devialet is that they are impossible to predict, seems to be holding true.

The challenge for 2019 will be identical to last year, let's have your top three Devialet predictions for the year.  Maybe you can think of more?  OK, fair enough, but list the three most significant predictions that you think will happen, you can then list anything else you desire as a footnote, but we need your top three first.  I shall start:

1. The CI Board will gain Roon RAAT protocol and will be stable for the majority of users. - (OK - no need for anyone to check, this was my number 1 prediction last year, I am sure this will happen "soon", maybe even 2019.)

2. A new remote app will be released, offering tone controls, SAM adjustment and many other splendid features.

3. A new Devialet "Halo Product" will be announced, something like a 1Kw Super Pro with almost zero distortion.

Just as a clarification, we are looking for definitive predictions of something new.  So predicting something like "Devialet will be rubbish and any new software will have bugs" does not count as a prediction.  OK - Maybe Devialet will be rubbish and release some buggy software, but we are looking for genuine predictions of actual new things or developments, not general whinges about things Devialet.  We need predictions of the new.  I am sure you get the idea!

Curiously, I am genuinely optimistic that 2019 will bring some pleasant Devialet related surprises.  What do you predict?  [Image: shy.gif]
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
1. Reactor gains a remote volume control and a real stand

2. App includes automatic equalization feature like Elac and Sonos

3. Based on what Devialet learned working on Sky Soundbox they produce multichannel AV device for use with phantom
Sad but I would predict that the expert series is end of life and will not be replaced.
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(01-Jan-2019, 20:58)Mka Wrote: Sad but I would predict that the expert series is end of life and will not be replaced.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. The CI board should keep us busy with upgrades for years.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
1. RAAT
2. The new remote app will work on all three platforms. It will replace Spark and the Reactors will work in stereo.
3. A completely new product will come to market. It will be something we haven't seen before. I will edit this post with my exact prediction once I've finished my morning coffee.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
1- RAAT for the CI amps

2- A new remote app which works for both Phantoms and Reactors and delivers on stereo setups for the Reactors. Pim could well be right that it will work for all 3 platforms but maybe not this year. This year I'll predict that there will be a new remote app forth Phantoms and Reactors which will deliver stereo for Reactors and put my remote app predictions for the amps in my next prediction.

3- For the CI models, either a new remote app, a new configurator, a functional web interface via the amp's network connection, or a combination of 2 or all 3 of those things. I'm being deliberately vague because I think eventually we'll be able to use a direct web connection from the amp to do configuration, eliminating the file download and SD card route, we'll be able to turn off the unused streaming "sources" in the input list, and we'll be able to access supported streaming services from the Devialet remote app. I think it's unlikely that we'll get all of that in 2019. I think we'll get some of it but what we get and how we get it will depend on their planning for how they're going to integrate all platforms but we will see at least part of that improved functionality for the CI amps.. The existing configurator will remain for use with non-CI models.

I think Devialet's priorities at present are to deliver fully on the promises made for the CI model amps and the Phantom/Reactor line. Despite those priorities, they probably will release something new and totally unrelated because they just can't help themselves.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(01-Jan-2019, 21:08)Pim Wrote:
(01-Jan-2019, 20:58)Mka Wrote: Sad but I would predict that the expert series is end of life and will not be replaced.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. The CI board should keep us busy with upgrades for years.

Yup, I’ve certainly enjoyed the plethora of firmware updates released since the CI board came out. I imagine non Pro users have had a ball with all their EVO updates.... oh, hang on.

I won’t make any myself, but I love the spirit and positivity of the predictions....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Well, not so much I would expect for sure   Angel

1. Airplay 2 to offer multiroom capabilities even without Roon
2. Online Configuration without SD card
3. Roon RAAT integration
4. Bluetooth
5. New remote app 
6. Hardware upgrade of the remote to integrate a display
7. New releases of lost recordings

Happy new Year to all of you!
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany

End-of-life? start-of-life? - hard to tell the difference with Devialet, but there certainly must be a business strategy in support of the CI upgrades.   My guess is that there will be at least one substantial firmware update with a renewed marketing push of the Expert Pros in 2019.    But even if not,  I have no qualms in recommending any of the Expert Pros for sheer sound quality & enjoyment.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Are these predictions or a wish list ?