Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet vs DartZeel LHC-208
Hi everyone,

DartZeel (dartzeel.ch) is a Swiss manufacturer famous for its very high end and expensive amps and pre-amps (NHB-18NS and NHB-458). 
Though, they are manufacturing an entry level product, the LHC-208, which offers similar features as the Devialet range of amps (integrated DAC and high-performance amplifier). LHC-208 sits in the ballpark of D400 in terms of pricing.
I was curious to know if anyone had ever auditioned such a product and what the comparison with Devialet had led to ?
Thanks in advance,

Pierre
I have not heard the Dartzeel integrated but I have heard the power amp. It does not have the clarity of the Devialet but is a lovely sounding amp. IMO more coloured than the Devialet in a likeable way, maybe because of the high (for SS) output impedance or relatively high but euphonic distortion.

I could live with the Dartzeel happily enough but prefer the transparency of the Devialet. The clarity without harshness and the clean bass are hard to forget once experienced.

I would recommend doing the comparison for yourself though since tastes differ.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Hi Frank,

Thanks for answering. As a matter of fact, I have auditioned both. But the comparison was not very fair as the audition of the DartZeel was taking place in a perfect auditorium, with very expensive loudspeakers (MMThree from Evolution Acoustics). In comparison, the audition of the Devialet was taking place at a dealer's, with much cheaper loudspeakers (B&W 802 D3).
I have basically selected the Devialet, but I was trying to comfort my choice with other's people thoughts. Thanks for sharing yours.

Pierre
(16-Jan-2016, 13:01)Devialet vs DartZeel  ReplyI have heard the DartZeel gear under show conditions.  It is beautiful, though idiosyncratic is some respects.  My sense is that it  also beautifies the music to a degree.  If the makers choices are close to your choices, it could be a possible match.  I would prefer to make my own decisions, and therefore prefer the Devialet.Two great options in any event. ralph411 Wrote: Hi everyone,

DartZeel (dartzeel.ch) is a Swiss manufacturer famous for its very high end and expensive amps and pre-amps (NHB-18NS and NHB-458). 
Though, they are manufacturing an entry level product, the LHC-208, which offers similar features as the Devialet range of amps (integrated DAC and high-performance amplifier). LHC-208 sits in the ballpark of D400 in terms of pricing.
I was curious to know if anyone had ever auditioned such a product and what the comparison with Devialet had led to ?
Thanks in advance,

Pierre
PS Audio P20 (2) and Power Bases (2), Aurender ACS10, Devialet 400, Martin Logan Neolith, Audioquest Wild & Diamond, Synergistic: Tranq  Base, FEQ, HFT, Black Box, Active Ground Block, Devialet Special Cords, Dedicated 20 amp circuits, Cryoed Romex.
(16-Jan-2016, 19:45)ralph411 Wrote:
(16-Jan-2016, 13:01)Devialet vs DartZeel  ReplyI have heard the DartZeel gear under show conditions.  It is beautiful, though idiosyncratic is some respects.  My sense is that it  also beautifies the music to a degree.  If the makers choices are close to your choices, it could be a possible match.  I would prefer to make my own decisions, and therefore prefer the Devialet.Two great options in any event. ralph411 Wrote: Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance,

Pierre

Hi Ralph,
Thanks for your input. 
The idiosyncrasy of DartZeel was not apparent to me. It relates to the 'more coloured' from Franck.
Thank you.

Pierre
For what it's worth, the very first post on UK fora about the Devialet (on Hifi Wigwam - before DevialetChat was born) was from a guy called steelhull who was just in the process of moving from Dartzeel to Devialet. Since then he has moved to Grimm. So it's horses for courses!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(17-Jan-2016, 11:02)IanG-UK Wrote: For what it's worth, the very first post on UK fora about the Devialet (on Hifi Wigwam - before DevialetChat was born) was from a guy called steelhull who was just in the process of moving from Dartzeel to Devialet. Since then he has moved to Grimm. So it's horses for courses!

Hello Ian, 

Thanks for your answer. I appreciate.
The founder of darTZeel also shared a customer's report who was delighted to have switched from a D250 to a CTH-8550 in his range of products. But then again, this is the beginning of the no-limit show in hi-end range, where you end-up with 200KEUR+ equipment for a result that I am not sure to be able to appreciate, given that I have no dedicated listening room in my home.

Thanks again,
Pierre