Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet
I wanted to share the very positive experience I have with this small device, which is, in my system, connected between a MacMini running Audirvana+ 2.3.3 (with nice Qobuz integration), and the AES input of the Devialet.

My Devialet being brand new and my final loudspeakers not yet arrived, I wanted to wait for this new installation to set-up or break-in before going for an expensive music server like the d1-server of Totaldac which I am considering.

I read a lot in other fora about the Mutec MC-3+ USB and was convinced to give it a try, as the device is reasonable in price (less than 1'000 EUR), and can always be recycled as an additional rec-clocker (the process of removing jittering from a signal being a cumulative process, two re-clockers have been quoted by various reviewers and suppliers as better than one).

The results are simply amazing in my opinion : compared to the direct input through USB, even galvanically isolated by an Intona filter, the effects of the Mutec MC-3+ USB are a much clearer sound image, especially in terms of location of the instruments/voices on the soundstage.

Here are a few links which might be useful for readers to evaluate the interest of this device, which does not serve exclusively to clean the signal coming out of an USB interface, but has been reviewed as being able to improve some of the best CD transports results as well.
Welcome and thks for posting!

There are in fact many Mutec users on this very forum, often in combination with an external clock btw. :-)

I will be one of the as soon as my dedicated Paul Hynes power supply arrives (I got a special version of the Mutec with DC cables simplifying the usage of an LPS). I will be clocking the Mutec with a Cybershaft Op21A.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1