Poll: Attributes
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Innovation/technical excellence
0.53%
1 0.53%
Physical design
1.05%
2 1.05%
Flexibility and simplicity (configurator, dual mono)
2.11%
4 2.11%
Non obsolescence (releases via EVO)
1.58%
3 1.58%
Individual customer service
8.42%
16 8.42%
Equipment reliability
1.58%
3 1.58%
Marketing and general communication
25.79%
49 25.79%
Delivering on promises
25.79%
49 25.79%
SAM feature
1.05%
2 1.05%
AIR feature
32.11%
61 32.11%
Total 190 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deviate's worst attributes
Vote for Devialet's worst attributes (and via another thread for their best attributes) - up to three choices

(I would have like to have included more and/or refined options but the limit is 10)

I decided to exclude sound quality as (1) it can be regarded as a consequence of one or more of the attributes and (2) probably everyone would vote for it.

I also decided to exclude value for money as that is usually a function of personal disposable income.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Ive voted 'Delivering On Promises' not as much as Devialet failing to honor promises (i dont know of any promises that they have made) but in not keeping up with the market and adding the features that i feel they should have. Such as apps and streaming support
AIR of course is the second one due to its reliability
Last one is marketing ...think they over do it a bit
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Heat and wasted electricity are the biggest drawbacks for me.
delivering on promises (more specifically the failure thereof) it has to be - i feel this covers AIR as well

^^ the marketing head needs to be shot
(05-Jan-2016, 02:31)bentrider Wrote: Heat and wasted electricity are the biggest drawbacks for me.

You have used other amplifiers before have you?
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(05-Jan-2016, 07:14)NickB Wrote:
(05-Jan-2016, 02:31)bentrider Wrote: Heat and wasted electricity are the biggest drawbacks for me.

Nick,  Get up on the wrong side of the bed?  Your response was uncalled for. It was not a positive contribution and suggests that you are the one with limited amplifier experience.
(05-Jan-2016, 16:36)bentrider Wrote:

Nick,  Get up on the wrong side of the bed?  Your response was uncalled for. It was not a positive contribution and suggests that you are the one with limited amplifier experience.

I have to agree with Nick here. Even though Devialets use a lot in standby or even when 'off' Huh , their very limited use of power when in use will beat any amp but the strictly class D amps. They certainly beat any class A amp by a factor of 10. Saying that, the heat had me scared and straight on the blower with the distributor when I first used it. Now I know the heat distribution through the case is normal, I just use it to cook eggs  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(05-Jan-2016, 16:36)bentrider Wrote:

No, but having used KT88, 300b and 211 valve amps before Devialet's use no power and produce no heat.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
One failing is that there is no app or facility on the remote to see whats on the display (just volume doesnt count)
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(06-Jan-2016, 18:09)Rodney Gold Wrote: One failing is that there is no app or facility on the remote to see whats on the display (just volume doesnt count)
I agree - the menu system is far too complicated for a remote with 2 spare buttons. If they could develop a fully featured app I would be very happy.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB