Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog PLC question
I have 2 phantoms connected to my dialog usually by wifi and everything works ok.

Today one of the phantoms has started connecting to the dialog via PLC and it will not play any music. I suspect that the PLC link is strong enough to handshake but not good enough to stream large files.

How can I force the phantom into wifi mode as that worked great before?
Moving the dialog to another electrical circuit is not an option either and cycling the power hasn't had any effect.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(30-Jul-2016, 01:49)Pioneer123 Wrote: I have 2 phantoms connected to my dialog usually by wifi and everything works ok.

Today one of the phantoms has started connecting to the dialog via PLC and it will not play any music. I suspect that the PLC link is strong enough to handshake  but not good enough to stream large files.

How can I force the phantom into wifi mode as that worked great before?
Moving the dialog to another electrical circuit is not an option either and cycling the power hasn't had any effect.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try placing a power strip/surge protector between the Phantom and the outlet. Power strips usually stop PLC communications.
I have a different question regarding PLC. I am using PLC with my 2 Phantoms and have no issues. What type of protection do the Phantoms have? To use PLC I plug the Phantoms straight into the wall. I am concerned about power surges and other issues.
I don't think Phantom has any surge protection.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(01-Aug-2016, 15:10)cloudkicker Wrote: I have a different question regarding PLC. I am using PLC with my 2 Phantoms and have no issues. What type of protection do the Phantoms have? To use PLC I plug the Phantoms straight into the wall. I am concerned about power surges and other issues.

Connect the Phantoms and the Dialog to the same surge protector using a one to three outlet multiplier. This is provides surge protection as well as retains PLC.