Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappointing Demo
70 on the Phantom corresponds to 0 dB gain. meaning the 0 dBFS will correspond to 105 dBA SPL on a silver and 99 dBA SPL on a white.

If you are listening to music that is heavily compressed (like most modern releases except Jazz and Classical music) it is normal that you won't notice any significant gain past 70.

Past 70 is essentially for highly dynamic recordings with peaks under 0 dBFS.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I did see an empty crescent moon shape - does this mean night mode is enabled? Can someone show me a screenshot of it on vs off?
I was using the OSX app.

Also, the setup in my car I've put a lot of effort into. It's not just the bloom, it's the power that is impressive.
Empty moon means night mode is on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really? So it was a blue empty crescent moon. What does it look like if night mode is off?

This explains a lot.
Went back! They sound better with night mode off and two running. But they kept dropping off the network or resetting. Is that normal?
The other thing people need to understand is that 105db at 1m is not an earth shattering statistic. Kef ls50 max output is rated at 106db, and they are not even known for their ability to rock out. If you start looking at pro monitors upwards of 115 plus db is not unheard of. Devialet has done a tremendous marketing job with the whole legal spl limit in the UK, but it is a spin.

A better question is how can 3000 real watts only produce 105db? Seems this is a sensitivity of less than 80db/1watt.

This obviously has zero to do with how they sound. My demo confirmed they sounded damn good.
A lot of its watts are soaked up in producing such deep bass from such a small volume, so it is not comparable with a normal amplifier driving a pair of external speakers.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.