Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex dem 130 pro
(09-Jun-2018, 14:27)Zappydev Wrote:
(09-Jun-2018, 14:08)PeppaPig Wrote:
(09-Jun-2018, 07:35)Confused Wrote: I can not agree with this.  From a technical perspective, what you say is accurate, the electronics inside would be identical, and I guess they should sound identical.  But there is a difference.  As an example, when I had a D800, I chose to buy a new 1000Pro, rather than upgrade my D800 to a 1000Pro.  I liked the idea of having a 'brand new factory sealed' unit, together with a nice new remote control, rather than an upgraded unit, something built in one hit in the factory, not taken to bits, replacement screws, replacement heat transfer material and all the rest of it.  Plus the case is new, with new chrome plate, which itself does not have an infinite lifespan.  It is somehow much nicer.  Indeed, the cost of doing this was higher than the cost to upgrade.  So although I know it makes absolutely zero difference to the electronics, I was prepared to pay more cash for the new units.  Which is the point, a dealer knows that a new unit can be sold for more cash than an upgraded unit.  So this is a misrepresentation of the good to increase profit.  I recall looking at the website of another UK dealer recently, they were selling a D800 and the advert clearly stated that the units were upgraded D-Premiers, they were also a very good price.  These two points are related.

I would put this another way, if someone from a dealer came to my house, removed my D1000 that I bought brand new and replaced them with a D1000 upgraded from a two year older D800, I would probably do that same said dealer some physical damage.  I would not be happy.

EDIT.  I am not sure if I have interpreted this 100% correctly, but a 'brand new factory sealed' unit is exactly that, new, to be sold at retail price, or something close to retail with a discount.  A 120 upgraded to a 220Pro is a second-hand unit, which should be substantially cheaper.  So zero difference to the electronics, we can agree.  But a substantial difference in terms of a fair selling price.

I agree, brand new is brand new. Upgraded is upgraded. The casing isn’t in the same condition.

A few years ago, I was looking for a Cary dealer in the UK to do a modification on my SEI-300. Stone Audio promoted themselves as an authorised Cary Audio dealer, but when I checked with Cary in the USA they immediately responded and said that no, Stone Audio were not, and never had been, authorised dealers, and that Cary would be taking legal action against them. (Incidentally, Cary went on to provide absolutely first class support to resolve my little issue. They are a top notch manufacturer, and I still have the amp, which I use from time to time, just for grins)

Sounds like not much has changed. I think you have been somewhat mugged, and I completely agree with the comments of the Confused one.

Well i called the dealer yesterday and was told actually there has been a mistake you have our demo unit!!!! They had send several units back for the infinity core including the demo unit that started out life as 120!. I was told devialet mixed up the units and labelled the demo unit as new stock. Well if you think upgraded units are as good as new its not the case. This one has small marks and dents and the rear panel does not fit correctly. I have been told im now having a brand new unit direct from paris. 
My question is if this is correct what the hell is going on a devialet, surely they would not mix things up like that with such a premium product.
Sounds like a convenient excuse after being rumbled if you ask me, but still, the main thing is that you will get a good result at the end.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Well after a lot of messing about i have today had a call and Devialet are sending a 220 pro direct from the factory. Interestingly i still have a 130 pro well used ex dem and a 220 pro that has only done around 40 hours. The 220 doesn’t sound quite as good as the 130 this maybe as the 220 is fairly new. 
Any comments on this would be appreciated.

thanks
Are you listening to both on the same speakers with level matching?

If you don’t any comparison is very hazardous.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(12-Jun-2018, 20:51)Moonsim70 Wrote: Well after a lot of messing about i have today had a call and Devialet are sending a 220 pro direct from the factory. Interestingly i still have a 130 pro well used ex dem and a 220 pro that has only done around 40 hours. The 220 doesn’t sound quite as good as the 130 this maybe as the 220 is fairly new. 
Any comments on this would be appreciated.

thanks

This might be of interest: Shy

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Pro-Burn-in-time

(There is a lot of off-topic stuff in the above thread, but keep reading, you will find some relevant posts)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
i don't think its devialet mix up the upgrade and brand new, its the doggy dealer tried to cheat you.
I think you maybe correct peppapig everyone i have told thinks the same thing.
It certainly leaves a nasty taste in your mouth!
(13-Jun-2018, 19:53)Moonsim70 Wrote: I think you maybe correct peppapig everyone i have told thinks the same thing.
It certainly leaves a nasty taste in your mouth!

Hi Moonsim, not maybe, it’s 100%. The dealer tried to sell you a upgraded one and you found out, then they blame Devialet.

The upgrade and brand new won’t dispatch from the same department, impossible to send you a new one from upgrade lines.

Any upgraded Devialet is second hand product, they sell you as brand new will make much more money than selling it as second hand. Should post your story everywhere, and include the dealer’s name and address!
Well after all the messing about its left a nasty taste. I decided to send the Devialet back to the dealer. I may get another sometime but for now i will keep my old amp.
(18-Jun-2018, 22:47)Moonsim70 Wrote: Well after all the messing about its left a nasty taste. I decided to send the Devialet back to the dealer. I may get another sometime but for now i will keep my old amp.

Sorry, am I missing something? Which amp did you return to your dealer? Your originally owned 130, the upgraded pre-owned one they tried to palm you off with, or the factory supplied new 220?  Huh

Confused.