Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert and basic subwoofer setup & configuration
Well, here I am again. Back after putting zero effort or thought into audio for a long time. Lots of riding time on the new Triumph Tiger 850 motorcycle instead. Though I did buy two new bass guitars along the way.*

So, I got a really good deal on a new KEF C62 sub and I'm playing with it now. I'll wait until tomorrow, after Italian class and before the wine sets in, to start bending my head around the configurator. But at the moment, even just plugged into the NAD M32 and manually fussing with the knobs, it is very nice. I still love my DALI's and since I can now push a bit of low end I think this will be a superb and compact set up. Though to be honest, I have to say that SAM is a very elegant technology. I had a very good friend, and audio enthusiast, here earlier this year, who uses a heavily modded Prima Luna Evo 400 into Focal Kanta 2's, and he was very impressed with the bass**. That was without the sub. SAM does good things for bass definition. But I digress.

I just wanted to say 'thanks' again to all who contributed to this thread and who's help and advice will now be put into effect. Or practice. Or frustration. Now I must dial up some Delerium (the group, not a chemical).

* a really excellent Sterling by Music Man fretless Stingray and a gorgeous Spector Legend Custom in translucent flamed black maple.... honestly, I'm in love with these basses. I just don't need four basses.

**Sigh, dear Cliff I miss you... he died a week ago.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Well, a quick update. I made a new config using @Axel 's suggestions. I've just started to listen, but I'm going to go with, 'wow, excellent!'. The KEF C62 has nice controls and settings, and combined with the very good Devialet settings, I think this is going to be a really successful set up.

I also found the configurator settings to be really nice; it was automatic to set up the Pre-Out outputs and it worked perfectly the first time. So, bravo to Devialet for this flexibility.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Great to hear you are enjoying it, Damon. Expert Pros can be tinkered into high-level excellence!
So sorry to hear of your loss
All the best,
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.