Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 12.2.12
no, beta 14 is the latest.
Big Grin Yes, the same here!
(15-May-2018, 09:35)Celts88 Wrote:
(14-May-2018, 20:30)baddog Wrote: @Bartype - if you subscribe again to the beta program that should trigger an email with the latest beta firmware link for download.

@Bartype as Baddog says you're best to re-subscribe to the Beat program again, or follow the attached link below from the email Judith sent out (it will trigger a download of the zipped file to your computer, not take you to a new webpage):

Firmware 12.2.12 + DOS 2.2.0 Beta 14

I just received the email from Judith only 10 minutes ago, not bad for the new software being released 4th May, only 11 days later  Confused
(13-May-2018, 15:52)disarmamant Wrote:
(13-May-2018, 13:22)Confused Wrote: Any thoughts from those who have tried Beta 14?  Any other SQ observations other than the bass improvements?

My observations are that there is very little change in SQ with beta 14, bass quality or otherwise.

In fact after I updated I had the impression I preferred the SQ of DOS 2.2.0 beta 12.2.6.

The iOS remote is not working properly with beta 14 here. If I use the iOS remote to change source it immediately mutes the sound. Unmuting and turning the volume control up or down causes it to mute again.

Correction to above, the sound is not muted, but the iOS remote shows the mute symbol when the volume is changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The remote app malfunction (I experience the same problems as bolded) is a mystery. The remote app itself is a mystery. How can it not be more modern, with more functions and with a look post y2k?  

Otherwise beta 14 seems to be working fine.
Original d’Atelier #64    MBL 101 E MKII    Focal Clear    McIntosh MHA 150    Phantom Gold x 2
roon
Sweden
(15-May-2018, 10:35)Celts88 Wrote:
(15-May-2018, 10:19)ssfas Wrote:
(15-May-2018, 09:35)Celts88 Wrote: @Bartype as Baddog says you're best to re-subscribe to the Beat program again, or follow the attached link below from the email Judith sent out (it will trigger a download of the zipped file to your computer, not take you to a new webpage):

Firmware 12.2.12 + DOS 2.2.0 Beta 14

I just received the email from Judith only 10 minutes ago, not bad for the new software being released 4th May, only 11 days later  Confused

Looks like an error - contains the same files as the 4 May release.

@ssfas

The 4th May link is Beta 14, which is the latest release on the CI Log - is there a newer release than this one???

Don't think so. Emailed Dev to confirm.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(15-May-2018, 12:59)ssfas Wrote:
(15-May-2018, 10:35)Celts88 Wrote:
(15-May-2018, 10:19)ssfas Wrote: Looks like an error - contains the same files as the 4 May release.

@ssfas

The 4th May link is Beta 14, which is the latest release on the CI Log - is there a newer release than this one???

@ssfas

Starting to confuse me now (not very hard Tongue )

You said earlier "Looks like an error - contains the same files as the 4 May release", what did you mean by that?  Huh
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(15-May-2018, 13:03)Celts88 Wrote:
(15-May-2018, 12:59)ssfas Wrote:
(15-May-2018, 10:35)Celts88 Wrote: @ssfas

@ssfas

Starting to confuse me now (not very hard Tongue )

You said earlier "Looks like an error - contains the same files as the 4 May release", what did you mean by that?  Huh

Yes - I downloaded the earlier one I got on 7 May and today's offering. Same files with same creation dates.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
Sorry, I thought you meant I had an error in the files I linked too. It was the 2nd email from Judith that was the error  Big Grin
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(15-May-2018, 11:20)m4gnus Wrote:
(13-May-2018, 15:52)disarmamant Wrote:
(13-May-2018, 13:22)Confused Wrote: Any thoughts from those who have tried Beta 14?  Any other SQ observations other than the bass improvements?

My observations are that there is very little change in SQ with beta 14, bass quality or otherwise.

In fact after I updated I had the impression I preferred the SQ of DOS 2.2.0 beta 12.2.6.

The iOS remote is not working properly with beta 14 here. If I use the iOS remote to change source it immediately mutes the sound. Unmuting and turning the volume control up or down causes it to mute again.

Correction to above, the sound is not muted, but the iOS remote shows the mute symbol when the volume is changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The remote app malfunction (I experience the same problems as bolded) is a mystery. The remote app itself is a mystery. How can it not be more modern, with more functions and with a look post y2k?  

Otherwise beta 14 seems to be working fine.

Same experience here with loss of remote function.  Also,  default configurator settings for sub out and subsonic filters not remembered. I have reverted to RC3 version where everything worked fine.
I initially had trouble with the beta 14.  After install the remote volume control did not work,  remove app volume did not work.  Default subout and subsonic settings were not remembered at start up, so,  I went back to the RC3 release where everything worked well.

Not being one to leave well enough alone, I reinstalled the beta 14 release but his time with the following steps:

1. removed memory card

2. reset devialet pro to factory configuration (long press on front button)
3. format memory card
4. download and install beta 14 update
5. format memory card- again
6. rename and reinstalled my configurator file.

Now everything well.  SQ as good as ever.  Not sure what the difference is- perhaps resetting to factory default before installing the new software?  
Aftonomos has it right. Every time there is a new release I go through the same steps, with the factory reset being critical. I also unplug my Devialet at the beginning for a few minutes before plugging it back in prior to the factory reset.
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY