Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 12.2.12
(05-May-2018, 07:08)Pim Wrote:
(05-May-2018, 06:27)petrik Wrote:
(05-May-2018, 03:04)Hifi_swlon Wrote: A few things allegedly fixed, and the rest still outstanding - including unstable AIR, Roon transport errors and unresponsive iOS remote.... Makes sense they closed it for comments off the bat.

The AIR has been unstable on my Windows PC for a very long time. It's good to see that they are at least trying to fix this.

It's hard to believe that Devialet chose to go with AIR on the new CI board. AIR has never been stable enough for everyone to enjoy. With the CI board they had a chance for a fresh look at how to get the data into the amp and they chose to keep the one implementation that has plagued them from the start. I'm not keeping score here but I'm sure with the pre and post CI board AIR iterations there have been we're now in the double digits. Someone in that office needs to stand up and say enough is enough. We can't fix this. Lets give up on it. Let's move on.
To make it more embarrassing for Devialet, the Roon team had one go at it and got it working...

I totally agree with you what comes to AIR. Now we do have also Airplay and Spotify Connect in addition to the AIR. Neither of these replaces the AIR, but I'm pretty sure that there will be more alternatives in the future.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(05-May-2018, 07:25)petrik Wrote:
(05-May-2018, 07:08)Pim Wrote:
(05-May-2018, 06:27)petrik Wrote: The AIR has been unstable on my Windows PC for a very long time. It's good to see that they are at least trying to fix this.

It's hard to believe that Devialet chose to go with AIR on the new CI board. AIR has never been stable enough for everyone to enjoy. With the CI board they had a chance for a fresh look at how to get the data into the amp and they chose to keep the one implementation that has plagued them from the start. I'm not keeping score here but I'm sure with the pre and post CI board AIR iterations there have been we're now in the double digits. Someone in that office needs to stand up and say enough is enough. We can't fix this. Lets give up on it. Let's move on.
To make it more embarrassing for Devialet, the Roon team had one go at it and got it working...

I totally agree with you what comes to AIR. Now we do have also Airplay and Spotify Connect in addition to the AIR. Neither of these replaces the AIR, but I'm pretty sure that there will be more alternatives in the future.

I still haven't upgraded and I might even wait until they have RAAT working, whenever that is.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
This beta14 as well as previous RC3 release made change to amount of bass. I installed much older beta12 for an hour just to confirm that and difference is staggering.
I never know what to think about such (sound signature) changes. They happen very often with new firmware releases even if not a single change (officially stated) in release notes admits a change in sound or seems related or seems potential cause.
Is one working on these sound changes intentionally or are they unintended side-effects?
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
Just updated to Beta 14, 24/192 is back and working beautifully !!
Audionet DNA / roon / ProAc SM100s
(05-May-2018, 09:14)maxijazz Wrote: This beta14 as well as previous RC3 release made change to amount of bass. I installed much older beta12 for an hour just to confirm that and difference is staggering.
I never know what to think about such (sound signature) changes. They happen very often with new firmware releases even if not a single change (officially stated) in release notes admits a change in sound or seems related or seems potential cause.
Is one working on these sound changes intentionally or are they unintended side-effects?

yes, i agree, so much so that i have removed SAM from my configuration altogether.
Audionet DNA / roon / ProAc SM100s
(05-May-2018, 07:48)Pim Wrote: I still haven't upgraded and I might even wait until they have RAAT working, whenever that is.

If the current rate of progress is anything to go by I’d say you have a very long wait.

Integration of Qobuz was supposed to be coming with the CI upgrade, but recently there has been no mention of it at all. I asked Devialet when we could expect some news about Qobuz, but typically I have had no response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(05-May-2018, 10:02)disarmamant Wrote:
(05-May-2018, 07:48)Pim Wrote:
(05-May-2018, 07:25)petrik Wrote: I totally agree with you what comes to AIR. Now we do have also Airplay and Spotify Connect in addition to the AIR. Neither of these replaces the AIR, but I'm pretty sure that there will be more alternatives in the future.

I still haven't upgraded and I might even wait until they have RAAT working, whenever that is.

If the current rate of progress is anything to go by I’d say you have a very long wait.

Integration of Qobuz was supposed to be coming with the CI upgrade, but recently there has been no mention of it at all. I asked Devialet when we could expect some news about Qobuz, but typically I have had no response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I heard next year for Qobuz.

To be honest I doubt they can really give precise timeframes as they are already massively behind schedule and the breadth of the CI offering can only mean that more unforeseen issues are bound to pop up.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hey, everybody. Did I make something wrong? I downloaded the zip file, opened it and there are, apart from 2 files namely '._.DS_store', totoally 28 files in it? There are 2 files sharing the file name but different file size and there are 14 pairs there. Not understood.
E.G. two files named bl_msg.txt whilst one of them with file size '4,096' but another one '0'.
two files both named 'adh_04000000.hex' but one of them with file size is '4,096' with another one '30,983'?

FYI I have registered as beta testers at least twice before but have to register again this time. I copied the link in the Devialet e-mail and pasted to the address line in my chrome browser and downloaded that zip direct. What's wrong with it?