Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 12.2.12
Exclamation 
Anyone had a chance to try out the new firmware - in regards to 192Khz playback?

Cheers
Roon/mac mini > hqplayer > sms-200 ultra and MC-3+ USB both clocked via Mutec Ref 10 > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60
(04-May-2018, 16:58)Spindrift Wrote: Anyone had a chance to try out the new firmware - in regards to 192Khz playback?

Cheers

works on my side with roon (till 30 minutes...)

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(04-May-2018, 16:58)Spindrift Wrote: Anyone had a chance to try out the new firmware - in regards to 192Khz playback?

Cheers

Not had the notification email yet. Can you post a link?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(04-May-2018, 17:41)disarmamant Wrote:

Cheers

I had to re-register for the beta program, again!

I have the zip file, but something does not look right. There are far more than the 14 files referred to in the readme manual.

Also there are two copies of the English and French readme PDF files two of which are are only 1Kb in size and are not PDF files as acrobat won’t open them.

I think I will wait before installing it for some more opinions.

Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(04-May-2018, 19:05)disarmamant Wrote:
(04-May-2018, 17:41)disarmamant Wrote:

Cheers

I had to re-register for the beta program, again!

I have the zip file, but something does not look right. There are far more than the 14 files referred to in the readme manual.

Also there are two copies of the English and French readme PDF files two of which are are only 1Kb in size and are not PDF files as acrobat won’t open them.

I think I will wait before installing it for some more opinions.

Works fine at DSD64 on Roon Air. Not tried much else.
Roon Rock, NUC7i5BNH, Expert Pro 220 CI, Thorens TD124/ESL1000/SPU, Mitchell Orbe/SME V/Shelter 901, RP3/DigiOne, Tannoy Prestige GR Stirling,
Some cables, Auralic Minis and etc.
                                    Toronto 

Nice progress finally https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...14-May-4th
Hope many Test this and report remaining bugs to Devialet
A few things allegedly fixed, and the rest still outstanding - including unstable AIR, Roon transport errors and unresponsive iOS remote.... Makes sense they closed it for comments off the bat.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(04-May-2018, 23:36)markush Wrote: Nice progress finally https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...14-May-4th
Hope many Test this and report remaining bugs to Devialet

What can I say?

On the one hand I agree. It would be nice for many to test it and report any bugs but we'd all like to see those bugs fixed quickly. We're now 5 months on from the rollout of the CI board. we still don't have the full promised functionality, the functionality we do have still has problems, and Devialet is not providing what I would regard as a good level of support for their beta testers. What would I regard as a good level of support? Well, I think as a minimum it would involve anyone reporting a bug or problem receiving acknowledgement of their report and a comment on whether or not the report has been verified plus a suggested course of action which could even be rolling back their firmware version. Effectively all of us CI users are working with broken amps, they aren't doing what they're supposed to do, and Devialet is using as as testers to help them get things right. The least they could do for that is to help those who are having problems with their problems and we're not seeing much of that. We're seeing reports that people reporting problems aren't getting responses or assistance.

So, on the other hand, it's hard to see why anyone would sign up for the beta program. About the only reason I can see to do that is because the official release firmware is considerably more problematic than the betas and has less functionality implemented. The only way some people can get functionality they want, and were promised, is to sign up for the beta program and to get minimal support for doing some of Devialet's work for them. 

There's some other points that I think need to be made. They rolled out this new beta late on a Friday as far as I can tell and they're closed from then till Monday so anyone installing it early and running into problems has no hope of getting any support for a couple of days. That ensures that when they start dealing with reports on Monday they can have a backlog and people with problems are stuck in a longer queue than necessary. Why not release betas first thing on a Monday so early reports of problems can be dealt with as they arise and they have a chance at being able to handle problems one at a time when they occur rather than arranging things so they come in on  a Monday to be faced by a couple of days worth of problems from the beta all at once? If I remember correctly the release time for the last firmware update was also on a Friday. Fridays may be a good time for them to get something out the door but it can be a very bad time for a customer to do what Devialet want them to do by installing the firmware and seeing whether they run into problems. This kind of release schedule is Devialet thinking of Devialet and not thinking of the customers they're asking assistance from.

I haven't installed the new beta. I haven't yet received the email with the link. Last release I signed up for the beta program again and got the link, and then got an email late on the Monday after the release with the link. This time I'm waiting to hear from them. I don't want to keep signing up for the beta program afresh every time they release new firmware just to be able to get it when they say it's available. They really need to do something about co-ordinating their public announcements and their advice to beta testers with the link. The current arrangement is just another annoyance to beta testers. In addition, judging from the change log there's nothing in this release for me. I probably will install it just to keep up to date but there's nothing in the change log to make me want to put my amp on the line straight away when the previous release is working fine for me.

There's definitely some progress here but not enough progress for me to call it "nice progress" and Devialet needs to lift its game on how it deals with CI owners, whether or not they're using a beta or the official version of the firmware. People using beta firmware are helping Devialet so Devialet should be giving something back to those people for their assistance and just providing access to a new version of the firmware before the official firmware release isn't giving something back if you're expecting those users to find problems for you and the firmware you're providing still falls short of delivering what was promised for the CI upgrade.

Don't get me wrong, I do really like my Devialet and it's currently doing what I want it to do but no one is currently getting what they were told they were getting and there's a lot of users whose amps aren't delivering the functionality they want and were promised. It's good to see progress but I think "nice progress" would include faster progress and more information to owners about how things are progressing, some kind of timetable on when we can expect promised functionality and adherence to that timetable, and better support for CI users who run into issues, whether they're using beta firmware or the official release. None of those things is an unreasonable expectation. All of us CI users have paid for amps with certain promised functionality and all of us are yet to receive what we've paid for.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(05-May-2018, 03:04)Hifi_swlon Wrote: A few things allegedly fixed, and the rest still outstanding - including unstable AIR, Roon transport errors and unresponsive iOS remote.... Makes sense they closed it for comments off the bat.

The AIR has been unstable on my Windows PC for a very long time. It's good to see that they are at least trying to fix this.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(05-May-2018, 06:27)petrik Wrote:
(05-May-2018, 03:04)Hifi_swlon Wrote: A few things allegedly fixed, and the rest still outstanding - including unstable AIR, Roon transport errors and unresponsive iOS remote.... Makes sense they closed it for comments off the bat.

The AIR has been unstable on my Windows PC for a very long time. It's good to see that they are at least trying to fix this.

It's hard to believe that Devialet chose to go with AIR on the new CI board. AIR has never been stable enough for everyone to enjoy. With the CI board they had a chance for a fresh look at how to get the data into the amp and they chose to keep the one implementation that has plagued them from the start. I'm not keeping score here but I'm sure with the pre and post CI board AIR iterations there have been we're now in the double digits. Someone in that office needs to stand up and say enough is enough. We can't fix this. Lets give up on it. Let's move on.
To make it more embarrassing for Devialet, the Roon team had one go at it and got it working...
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.