Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 12.2.12
I think I know whats happening. Normally the zip file creates two folders, one for MAC OSX and another for Windows. The latest firmware zip file is only creating one folder and putting all the files in there. It could be something to do with the way windows is unzipping the file. Very strange.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(05-May-2018, 13:50)disarmamant Wrote: I think I know whats happening. Normally the zip file creates two folders, one for MAC OSX and another for Windows. The latest firmware zip file is only creating one folder and putting all the files in there. It could be something to do with the way windows is unzipping the file. Very strange.

I have the same problem like you but it is OK now. Open the downloaded zip file with WINDOWS EXPLORER and you will get the 14 files. I have put them into the SD and successfully upgraded to 12.2.2. Good luck!
(05-May-2018, 15:34)G51 Wrote: I have the same problem like you but it is OK now. Open the downloaded zip file with WINDOWS EXPLORER and you will get the 14 files. I have put them into the SD and successfully upgraded to 12.2.2. Good luck!

No Luck Im afraid. I already tried opening the zip file in windows explorer and I get the same result, just one folder with the 30 files in it.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Try delete all previous downloaded zip file, reztart your computer, open the link in Devialet Email, do the download and unzip using windows explorer. If still no luck, try to do these procedure using another computer.
May be worth trying another zip/unzip progam too - e.g. 7-Zip.  
https://www.7-zip.org/download.html
I had the same isses, I removed all double files (the first ones, not sure, but they are all hidden). All others I copied to the sd card and flashed successfully my devialet

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
(05-May-2018, 16:34)marco.kohler.169 Wrote: I had the same isses, I removed all double files (the first ones, not sure, but they are all hidden). All others I copied to the sd card and flashed successfully my devialet

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks for your post. I installed yet another ZIP program, the 7-ZIp suggested above, but the results were the same. In the end I adopted your suggestion and deleted all but the last 14 files.

I compared them to the last firmware file set and copied them to the SD cards.

Both master and companion updated successfully.

Thanks to everyone who contributed. Where would we be without this forum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I Can not open the last firmvare vith my Windows pc Any idea. And yes i am a beta tester
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(05-May-2018, 11:30)cereal killer Wrote: To assist, please download from this link https://we.tl/YseODvbVl6

Thanks, using Safari on my Mac I get 14 files after download, which is as expected.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I was looking forward with some optimism to the impending Infinity Log release which eventually came on 4 May, six weeks after the last one on 23 March which Olivier described as having software regressions. I think that is computer-speak for programming errors …

Those of you in the UK will know that, at the moment, there is an advert on television by a company called Indeed, promoting its recruitment software and using, as an example, the recruitment of a project manager with five years’ experience.

It seems to me that we should have a collection on Devialetchat so we can send Devialet the money to buy that software and recruit the project manager, because there is a lot of evidence at the customer end that the project to deliver the fully functioning CI board is just not working.

Let’s look at the promises:

17 October (Sannie): 7 November release; will contain UPnP, Airplay, Spotify

20 October: will contain AIR and Roon; Bluetooth, Deezer, Tidal, Qobuz, internet radio over the coming months

7 November (Sannie): we have missed release date; AIR (AIR3) both ethernet and wifi not ready but will be over next few weeks; Roon not ready but will be in next few weeks; Spotify Connect not ready will be over next phase; Airplay issues to resolve; UPnP days away from releasing internally then final testing; source to source switching not ready.

Promises from Sannie on 7 November: by 24 November - Release Candidates for AIR3 and UPnP and Beta for AIR, Spotify Connect, AirPlay and UPnP.

Sannie then disappears with not a word from him in six months and Olivier attempts to keep customers up to date and is still trying to fulfil things promised five and a half months ago.

Although there has been some inconsistency in what was promised in the first phase of the CI board development, it appears to have been UPnP, Airplay, Spotify, Air and Roon. Even within that we have had inconsistencies of terminology by using terms Air and AIR and AIR3; Spotify and Spotify Connect; Airplay and AirPlay. Just sloppy.

I suggested to Olivier that, for each piece of project functionality, there should be list published of things fixed before last update, things fixed since last update, things Devialet will still fix, newly emerged thing to fix, and things Devialet won’t fix in this phase. 

And yet if you look at the 23 March and 4 May reports, there were only four things being worked on on 23 March yet six things fixed on 4 May but five things still to fix, including all four from the 23 March report plus a new one related to Air.

How can anyone make a decision to have the CI board fitted when there is a degree of chaos in managing this project?

Furthermore, we have had firmwares 12.2.6 and 10 and 12 - but what happened to the others; and we have had Beta and Beta10 and Beta14; and the rather quaintly termed Release Candidate 2.1 and 3, which I know is terminology in the computer market but is really a way of saying “we think this works but we are still not sure”.

At least Devialet must be embarrassed, because the 4 May report was issued late on Friday evening and immediately closed for comments.

Useful.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England