Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 12.3.0 + DOS 2.2.2
(27-Jun-2018, 20:00)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(27-Jun-2018, 19:55)Greg Wrote:
(27-Jun-2018, 19:39)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Danny at Roon also made a post fairly recently about discussions with Qobuz which is a uturn from their usual ‘it’s not going to happen’ type stance.
Indeed, and Roon’s Enno recently did a couple of presentations at Oxford Audio Consultants during which he stated that Roon is currently in talks with Qobuz and he said, Qobuz and Roon will happen! No timeline was given.

Doesn’t get much more positive than that!  Smile

That would be pretty amazing. I don’t think anything comes close to Qobuz. I hate the way I have to toggle between Roon and LMS at the moment.

By the way with Qobuz I now stream 24 bit. No need for MQA it just works! I don’t think I’ll ever buy another high res download.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(27-Jun-2018, 23:40)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(27-Jun-2018, 19:55)Greg Wrote: Indeed, and Roon’s Enno recently did a couple of presentations at Oxford Audio Consultants during which he stated that Roon is currently in talks with Qobuz and he said, Qobuz and Roon will happen! No timeline was given.

That would be pretty amazing. I don’t think anything comes close to Qobuz. I hate the way I have to toggle between Roon and LMS at the moment.

By the way with Qobuz I now stream 24 bit. No need for MQA it just works! I don’t think I’ll ever buy another high res download.

Guillaume
Great, now if only this was available for the rest of the world... I am sure a lot of people downunder would appreciate it.
(28-Jun-2018, 00:01)… Wrote:
(27-Jun-2018, 20:00)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Doesn’t get much more positive than that!  Smile

Guillaume
Great, now if only this was available for the rest of the world... I am sure a lot of people downunder would appreciate it.

Echo: Great, now if only this was available for the rest of the world... I am sure a lot of people downunder would appreciate it.

I just had to echo that last response. Now in only this was available for the rest of the world, I am sure a lot of people down under would appreciate it. I know I would.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(27-Jun-2018, 19:55)Greg Wrote: Indeed, and Roon’s Enno recently did a couple of presentations at Oxford Audio Consultants during which he stated that Roon is currently in talks with Qobuz and he said, Qobuz and Roon will happen! No timeline was given.

Guillaume
I probably would upgrade from Qobuz Sublime to Sublime + if there were Roon integration.
Just updated to this having had my CI 250 returned today. https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Invitati...4#pid76474

First thing I noticed in the small window of time I had is looking at the (undocumented) web gui, WiFi is enabled whereas I’m sure it was disabled in my previous config. It looks like you can select a network through the gui but not disable it.

The gui looks like it could easily become a local configurator to replace the online one, but is very sparse right now. It’s not clear how the interaction between it and the SD card config file works?

Anyway, so far nothing really of note other than that (and my surprise it came back from the factory this week without the most recent firmware/DOS).

Music”s coming out of it which was the minimum I was hoping for. So that box is checked!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

So far so good.

No streaming issues with either aes spdif, or Roon AIR. Mostly redbook so far.

No issues with the iOS remote either. Connects as per normal, volume seems to update fine. I like the fact I can control the volume from Roon even when I’m playing through the digiOne - seems just having the Air device setup keeps the volume controls alive so I can popup the Roon volume on that Zone and adjust the active zone volume. Not sure if that’s by design or not but I like it. Have set my volume limits to be more useful across the slider range.

Still haven’t tried any of the new input like airplay - which was a key selling point for me just for general convenience - but have little time so trying to actually listen.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(05-Jul-2018, 20:15)Hifi_swlon Wrote: So far so good.

No streaming issues with either aes spdif, or Roon AIR. Mostly redbook so far.

No issues with the iOS remote either. Connects as per normal, volume seems to update fine. I like the fact I can control the volume from Roon even when I’m playing through the digiOne - seems just having the Air device setup keeps the volume controls alive so I can popup the Roon volume on that Zone and adjust the active zone volume. Not sure if that’s by design or not but I like it. Have set my volume limits to be more useful across the slider range.

Still haven’t tried any of the new input like airplay - which was a key selling point for me just for general convenience - but have little time so trying to actually listen.
I stumbled across the AirPlay input - and now use it a great deal.  Firstly, it is the most convenient way for me to stream Qobuz - the SQ is not quite as good as Roon Air - but OK.  My previous method was a bit cumbersome - and I was not streaming Qobuz very often because of this.  The second is that it is an easy way to connect streaming video services (such as Netflix etc - and, for the classical music lover, Met Opera etc) to my Devialet using Apple TV.  Again, I had other ways of doing this - but using AirPlay is so much more convenient.  

AirPlay certainly was not a selling point when I purchased my Devialet, but it certainly has enhanced my Devialet experience
Hi all,

I just (July 6 2018) installed the latest Roon software version on laptop and Samsungs S8&S7edge: version 333. Roon's change-log says:

"Fix to ensure Devialet Expert does not show twice in Device Picker". Now "the twice in use" statement should be gone in combination with Expert Pro CI and 12.3.0. I will try.
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

Have double-checked my config file and cant quite tell if its set to off or not. I definitely disabled the wifi 'input' so its greyed out, but the config still seems to go through to the cfg file. I made a new config to test and the only indicators seem to be:

"WIFI_CONFIG":{
   "DEVICE_NAME":"My Devialet",
   "SSID":"DevialetAudio",
   "KEY":"devialetstreaming",
   "DHCP":"ON",
   "IP_FIXED":"192.168.0.77",
   "ADHOC":"OFF",
   "IP_MASK":"255.255.255.0",
   "ADHOC_CHANNEL":6
 },
 "ETHERNET_CONFIG":{
   "DHCP":"OFF",
   "IP_FIXED":"192.168.0.25",
   "IP_MASK":"255.255.255.0"

"DEFAULT_PARAMETERS":{
   "VOLUME":-48,
   "SOURCE":"ETHERNET",
   "WIFI_STANDBY":"OFF",
   "PHONO_R_IN":0,
   "PHONO_C_IN":0,
   "PHONO_R_IN_COAX34":0,
   "PHONO_C_IN_COAX34":0

Yet the wifi is ON when I go to the web GUI, and it can see SSID's of local networks (but none are connected because its not configured).
I will load the latest config made today  - just incase they've updated something that needs to be set in the CI - and see if it makes any difference when I check in the web GUI.  So the web GUIs pretty useful in that sense.

Anyone else see similar?

I have also seen in the Web GUI that the WiFi seems to be on even though I have disabled it in the configurator Sad.