Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 12.3.0 + DOS 2.2.2
FW 12.3.0 installed. Without problems, according to txt some errors are eliminated. Well, it works! Rolleyes
Config, now possible via browser!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I am not so sure. I've run beta14 for a couple of weeks. After I upgraded to 12.3.0/2.2.2 yesterday I felt after a while I did not enjoy music as much as before. So I went back to beta14. There is a difference. The new version is better from upper midrange through treble, but beta14 sounds more organic and 'real' in the lower range. Beta14 also has a little better separation within the sound stage and a wider sound stage. I must emphasize that this is my room, my speakers etc. Others may find the newest version to be a better match for their system than beta14.
All this is with the Mutec to the AES/EBU input. I did not listen to Roon AIR this time. Would have been too many variables. I will also say that I've heard something similar before. I used to like the old 7.3beta very much with my 250, but ended up enjoying 10.1.0 much more. It was simply better in all respects. So what I describe above does not worry me much. Devialet will sort it all and bring us a firmware with top sound in the end.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Upgraded to 12.3.0, first thing i had to do was remove the power because of the 'transport in use' error. After that it seems to be working fine.

Only thing is Spotify connect isn't working with fixed IP, you have to use DHCP to be able to use it...

So, for me mixed feelings...
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
(10-Jun-2018, 17:49)ogs Wrote: I am not so sure. I've run beta14 for a couple of weeks. After I upgraded to 12.3.0/2.2.2 yesterday I felt after a while I did not enjoy music as much as before. So I went back to beta14. There is a difference. The new version is better from upper midrange through treble, but beta14 sounds more organic and 'real' in the lower range. Beta14 also has a little better separation within the sound stage and a wider sound stage. I must emphasize that this is my room, my speakers etc. Others may find the newest version to be a better match for their system than beta14.
All this is with the Mutec to the AES/EBU input. I did not listen to Roon AIR this time. Would have been too many variables. I will also say that I've heard something similar before. I used to like the old 7.3beta very much with my 250, but ended up enjoying 10.1.0 much more. It was simply better in all respects. So what I describe above does not worry me much. Devialet will sort it all and bring us a firmware with top sound in the end.

I use Roon AIR to the ethernet input and I'm noticing a bit of what sounds like a similar thing. The bass sounds a bit "drier"/more clinical than beta 14 did, but it's a small difference. I'm not noticing better separation within the sound stage, that's always been excellent, but I am hearing a slightly narrower sound stage. I don't use SAM but I did try a very slight bass tone control boost and that helped with the character of the bass but over-emphasised it a bit for me. Actually just raising the volume slightly seems to do best at reducing the "dryness" in the bass and making that a bit less clinical plus giving a sense of a more spacious soundstage again.

I don't want to go back to beta 14 because of the "transport device in use" bug which I've had a few times so I think I'm going to be listening with the volume set a dB or so above where I normally listen.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Did you receive an e-mail with a link to that beta version?
I am a registered member and they don´t send anything to me.
(11-Jun-2018, 11:43)BoyScout Wrote: Did you receive an e-mail with a link to that beta version?

See post #5 Smile

"You can find the download by logging in to your Devialet account and clicking on Expert Configuration."
(11-Jun-2018, 11:43)BoyScout Wrote: Did you receive an e-mail with a link to that beta version?

This one is a full version release so no link needed, just go to the configuration area of the website and find it from there.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(10-Jun-2018, 15:46)K4680 Wrote: FW 12.3.0 installed. Without problems, according to txt some errors are eliminated. Well, it works! Rolleyes
Config, now possible via browser!

I see the config screen as well, but it seems extremely limited in what I can really do with it.  It does not appear to provide any means to actually configure the Expert ports nor functionality.   Has Devialet actually released any information at all about this?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I´ll spend a few more hours listenning the beta 14, and then i´ll try this new one.
The beta 14 seems, to me, a bit "fatter" overall, i like it more "dry" in terms of low freq.
May be this new version fits more in my personal taste, we´ll see.
Thanks, guys.
A new error has been introduced since 12.3.0 in the Devialet/Roon combo: "Transport: Roon lost control of the audio device because the imput was switched". Also, it seems Roon isn't able anymore to switch on the Devialet...

As with the Transport in use error, i have to remove the power completely to be able to plat music again...
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components