Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gapless Playback
Does anybody know if gapless is in the pipeline for a future update?
You mean to tell me that playback isn't already gapless?!
A disappointing number of bits of streaming software do not have gapless playback. Air and Spark are two such.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I had to describe the support what gapless playback is. After it was understood, I was told that it will be passed on to the developers.

Cheers,

Krisp
(16-Oct-2015, 17:37)f1eng Wrote: A disappointing number of bits of streaming software do not have gapless playback. Air and Spark are two such.

??

AIR is a virtual soundcard driver so if the player used outputs gapless into AIR the result is gapless playback.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Since this thread is placed under Phantom, I just focused on them. Air is only for the Expert series's and there, as Antoine mentions is no gapless problem.
With the optical input, you also get gapless playback with the phantoms / dialog.

Cheers,

Krisp
(17-Oct-2015, 01:51)Krisp Wrote: Since this thread is placed under Phantom, I just focused on them. Air is only for the Expert series's and there, as Antoine  mentions is no gapless problem.
With the optical input, you also get gapless playback with the phantoms / dialog.

Cheers,

Krisp

So the real question is: when will Spark support gapless playback? Smile
Yes, please! Gapless would be a big improvement in useability for me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's the response I got from Devialet's support desk:

"The architecture of Spark is designed to make this possible.
But it is not a priority in the development of the application though."
Really? Bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk