Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gemini Bricked
My Gemini is no more.

Bricked, cannot pair, will not turn on.

Tried everything

Chamber can no longer initiate pairing, so cannot even connect to update firmware if and when it comes.

Since there is no reset buttons or even power on/off button, not sure how this can be fixed.

it sounded good when it was working, but millions of problems.  If this was a car all of them would be stranded on the highway.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

(04-Feb-2021, 10:08)agentsmith Wrote: My Gemini is no more.

Bricked, cannot pair, will not turn on.

Tried everything

Chamber can no longer initiate pairing, so cannot even connect to update firmware if and when it comes.

Since there is no reset buttons or even power on/off button, not sure how this can be fixed.

it sounded good when it was working, but millions of problems.  If this was a car all of them would be stranded on the highway.

test the reset Smile

Keep pressing the button on the front of the box.
- Open the case for 2 seconds
- Close the box for 2 seconds
- Open the case for 2 seconds
- Close the box for 2 seconds

led blint 2x ( orange )
Latest update, it is now fixed.

Luckily I have an ongoing email support thread with Devialet support, who has been responsive in helping me to solve problems, and since problems come one after another one is solved, I have an ongoing dialogue with them.

The nice lady replied to me promptly.  She suspected several root causes, one of which is that the chamber is locked in FW update state.  The way to "unlock" it is a bit a trial and error loop:

*While the charging case still plugged in the electricity
*Open the charging case flap
*Take out only the right earbud 5 seconds
*Put back the right earbud inside
*Keep the charging case flap opened
*Wait 5 minutes
*Redo the same sequence until the led turn green once when you take out the right earbud.

Once the green LED light starts flashing again, your Gemini is back to life.

After patiently followed it to it religiously it came back to life after 4-5 loops.

Devialet's great support lady did try to help and was courtesy the whole time.  Saved the day for me.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Latest update, it is now fixed.

Luckily I have an ongoing email support thread with Devialet support, who has been responsive in helping me to solve problems, and since problems come one after another one is solved, I have an ongoing dialogue with them.

The nice lady replied to me promptly.  She suspected several root causes, one of which is that the chamber is locked in FW update state.  The way to "unlock" it is a bit a trial and error loop:

*While the charging case still plugged in the electricity
*Open the charging case flap
*Take out only the right earbud 5 seconds
*Put back the right earbud inside
*Keep the charging case flap opened
*Wait 5 minutes
*Redo the same sequence until the led turn green once when you take out the right earbud.

Once the green LED light starts flashing again, your Gemini is back to life.

After patiently followed it to it religiously it came back to life after 4-5 loops.

Devialet's great support lady did try to help and was courtesy the whole time.  Saved the day for me.