Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Stereo - Disturbed Stereo Image - One louder than the other?
Can’t remember if you said you had checked to make sure you are connected via PLC rather than WiFi?

And also make sure your AV sync is set to highest latency (most stable)?
I also tried to connect them via LAN cable with each other. This also didn't resolve the issue.

Devialet offered me a replacement device. So my 'old' Gold will be exchanged.
I hope with the new unit everything will be good. I'll post a final update.
(06-May-2020, 21:15)Bbnsound Wrote: So my 'old' Gold will be exchanged.
Can you let us know, which batch(es) is (are) considered as ‚old‘ Gold and should be exchanged to work with DOS2? The first three characters of the serial number indicate year and month of production. Let us know yours. Thanks!
This information is in the initial post of this thread.
Actually it is not old. It's just the older one of my two Smile
(06-May-2020, 22:20)streamy Wrote:
(06-May-2020, 21:15)Bbnsound Wrote: So my 'old' Gold will be exchanged.
Can you let us know, which batch(es) is (are) considered as ‚old‘ Gold and should be exchanged to work with DOS2? The first three characters of the serial number indicate year and month of production. Let us know yours. Thanks!
Hi streamy,
I have 2 golds with serials starting with M. One is the number 441 and the other the 442. Both had DOS 2.8 factory installed. I had issues with stereo image with Devialet and devialet sent me an firmware update 2.9 and the issue is less frequent. However I found a “fix” that you guys might find interesting:
I use mconnect in iOS to play music through tidal. When I start a music it’s highly probable the stereo image is unbalanced, however, if I put the music again by hitting the back button and then the next button again, the same music starts and image is dead centered.
never did the 10 seconds reset and tried to have PLC (the most stable for me) and both wired via Ethernet to my router and problem is always the same.
Hi,

Thanks for your report!
I have the issues using Airplay.

Update from me: Devialet exchanged my 'older' Gold. Issue still persists. Now I will also get my second Gold exchanged.
I offered Devialet my full willingness to conduct testing whatever they suggest. However, they asked me also exchange the second unit.
So I am currently in the exchange process of the second unit. This is really strange though. Currently I am not sure if this is really a defect of the speaker and I voiced these concerns when I talked with Devialet.
I'll see when I get my second replacement unit if it works.

@All who use a pair of Golds: How do you connect your speaker to the music source? Did you try Airplay and you still have a centered stereo image? I somehow can't believe I am the only one or one of very few having this issue.
I use a pair of Golds since one year. I use Airplay (Tidal) and/or Spotify Connect most of the times. Never had a stereo balance problem so far.
Am using Ethernet to connect to a pair of Golds. With DOS2, stereo image is steady and centred. In DOS1, it was difting slightly and resolved by deleting configuration and setting up again.
Hi guys

I have and old phantom gold that I bought in 2017-18

I am planing to buy a new one for stereo. Will I be facing any such problems mentioned on this thread ? Has any bought one later in a couple of years ? Any first hand experience will be great

Thanks in advance
i'm sorry if i missed it in an earlier post but are your phantoms plugged into the same outlet? for the longest time i thought it was the placement and room variances that made my stereo off center and sound unbalanced but as soon as i plugged both into the same outlet it balanced out immediately.