Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help!!!
Ladies and gentlemen, I have encountered a very serious problem. My equipment is phantom opera 4500W stereo combination. Recently, when playing music with airplay2, there will be a momentary lag on the left and right channels, and then it will return to normal. Have you encountered a similar situation? If so, how to solve it?
Would you mind giving us some more details? Lag in sound starting? Some system details etc. Computer? Router? Software player? You've rebooted the speakers to factory settings?
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(14-Jan-2022, 15:51)avta Wrote: Would you mind giving us some more details? Lag in sound starting? Some system details etc. Computer? Router? Software player? You've rebooted the speakers to factory settings?

Router Asus GT AC5300 
Software Apple music
Already rebooted and factory setting
The whole system is wired, and the lag occurs randomly without any law.
Thanks. A lag in the onset of sound could be many things. I'll take a stab at it by guessing it's your internet. By that I mean the connection between your Phantoms and your software player ( Apple Music ). Are you using a Mac computer to play music? It's not possible to use wifi ? The current software version of the Devialet app is designed to be used over wifi. I'll assume you have upgraded the app. I believe the current version is 1.16.1 although that's for my iPhone. You might try another software player. For example VLC. It's free and would help clarify that issue. Also, what is your internet speed? Keep us posted and hang in there annoying as that is.
(15-Jan-2022, 16:00)avta Wrote: Thanks. A lag in the onset of sound could be many things. I'll take a stab at it by guessing it's your internet. By that I mean the connection between your Phantoms and your software player ( Apple Music ). Are you using a Mac computer to play music? It's not possible to use wifi ? The current software version of the Devialet app is designed to be used over wifi. I'll assume you have upgraded the app. I believe the current version is 1.16.1  although that's for my iPhone. You might try another software player. For example VLC. It's free and would help clarify that issue. Also, what is your internet speed? Keep us posted and hang in there annoying as that is.

Now new problem is coming,When I play a song, such as ABCDEFG, what you hear will be ABDEFG, and the lyrics of a beat will be lost in the middle. I'm going crazy. What's more exaggerated is that if I play Bluetooth for a long time, the left and right channels will lose synchronization, and they will be a few tenths of a second worse.
You've contacted Devialet Support ?
(21-Jan-2022, 15:37)avta Wrote: You've contacted Devialet Support ?

I've already contacted them. They asked me to provide the device environment, including the model of the router and whether it's wired. They said it would be reported to the software engineer. Now I'm still waiting for their reply. I don't think it's a bug in the first generation phantom, so the second generation comes out. Because the first generation is designed to work with dialog, and now the dialog is gone, Various stability problems have also emerged.
(22-Jan-2022, 04:00)LiRnCHO Wrote:

I've already contacted them. They asked me to provide the device environment, including the model of the router and whether it's wired. They said it would be reported to the software engineer. Now I'm still waiting for their reply. I don't think it's a bug in the first generation phantom, so the second generation comes out. Because the first generation is designed to work with dialog, and now the dialog is gone, Various stability problems have also emerged.

i have the same problem and also the right channel goes on and off. Devialet are blaming my router but it worked perfectly with a pair of silver phantoms. Thjay have told me to buy a new router which i am not doing as it works with all my other devices including a sonos full surround system. it is definitely an issue with the phantoms.
(22-Jan-2022, 09:51)frogster99 Wrote:
(22-Jan-2022, 04:00)LiRnCHO Wrote:

i have the same problem and also the right channel goes on and off. Devialet are blaming my router but it worked perfectly with a pair of silver phantoms. Thjay have told me to buy a new router which i am not doing as it works with all my other devices including a sonos full surround system. it is definitely an issue with the
This is definitely a phantom problem, and it is a transmission problem between phantom I. It has nothing to do with the router, because when I play Bluetooth, I unplug a pair of phantom from the router. Even if they are separated from the router, they can work normally. So now I guess they should have a problem with left and right channel transmission. This should be a channel interference problem or a clock problem. Maybe you need to modify the firmware to add some delay to the song to stabilize the signal and verify the signal time, or update the hardware and use a stronger network card, I haven't bought my phantom for less than a year. I hope Devialet will replace me with a new matte phantom if it can't solve the problem through firmware.
I wonder about the router too. You might consider getting an inexpensive Wifi 6 ( 802.11 ax ) router to try. Smallnetbuilder (https://www.smallnetbuilder.com ) has a review of some inexpensive units. I've been using an inexpensive Wifi 6 router ( Iogiant ) I bought from Amazon which was $80 at the time and have been very happy with it.