Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with DOS 2 Upgrade
(20-Feb-2021, 22:47)ragwo Wrote:
(20-Feb-2021, 22:11)echooo23 Wrote:
(20-Feb-2021, 20:36)ragwo Wrote: @echooo23
Can you access the lost speaker via the web interface? Type its ip address in a browser and you might be able to access it. In the web interface you can install a firmware update if you have an update file. A member here snatched the 2.9.0 update file while installing, and I have a copy. You can have it and install it on your own risk. I haven't tried, it might brick your speaker.

Another option is to force a reinstallation of the firmware. The are how tos on the forum for both DOS1 and DOS2. I'll see if I can find them and post links.

Thanks for the suggestion, ragwo.  And this is kind of an interesting development.  When I typed the IP address of the second Gold (the one that is dead weight right now) into a browser, it was not recognized and I didn't get the web configuration page.  But when I typed the IP address of the first Gold (that successfully upgraded to DOS2), I did get the web configuration page and all is fine.  (Second Gold is connected via Ethernet so it's not a wifi issue.)

So there appears to be some issue related to the second Gold's ability to grab an IP address?  I'm not great with computers/networking, so I don't know what this finding means.

It probably means that it's still on DOS1. The web interface is only available in DOS2. Try two force update the speaker with the DOS2 method.

Thanks, I'll try this (even though it seems like the issue may be a continuous reboot, see my just previous post).  How do I force the speaker to update to DOS2?
(20-Feb-2021, 22:57)echooo23 Wrote:
(20-Feb-2021, 22:47)ragwo Wrote:
(20-Feb-2021, 22:11)echooo23 Wrote: Thanks for the suggestion, ragwo.  And this is kind of an interesting development.  When I typed the IP address of the second Gold (the one that is dead weight right now) into a browser, it was not recognized and I didn't get the web configuration page.  But when I typed the IP address of the first Gold (that successfully upgraded to DOS2), I did get the web configuration page and all is fine.  (Second Gold is connected via Ethernet so it's not a wifi issue.)

So there appears to be some issue related to the second Gold's ability to grab an IP address?  I'm not great with computers/networking, so I don't know what this finding means.

It probably means that it's still on DOS1. The web interface is only available in DOS2. Try two force update the speaker with the DOS2 method.

Thanks, I'll try this (even though it seems like the issue may be a continuous reboot, see my just previous post).  How do I force the speaker to update to DOS2?

I posted a link with the instructions on how to force update the speakers in DOS2 a couple of posts back. Here's a link describing how to force a reinstallation of your current firmware from the internal backup in your speaker.
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Firmware...3#pid87293
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Hi all. Just wanted to close this out and share what Devialet advised. After multiple rounds of emails, they suggested a “Rescue Mode” with these instructions:

1. Plug your Phantom to your internet router via an Ethernet cable.
2. Plug your Phantom to a power strip with an on/off button
3. Turn on the power strip for 7 seconds, then off for 3 seconds
4. Proceed to the "on/off" sequence 6 times consecutively and leave it on for 2 hours
5. The Phantom(s) will enter in Rescue Mode and will start downloading the firmware while moving the woofers every few seconds.

Customer service very kindly scheduled a call with me to walk through the steps. And then called me back again 2 hours later after the Rescue Mode was complete. Then walked me through pairing to Spark, then upgrading to DOS2 with Devialet app, and then connecting the already-upgraded Gold with this newly upgraded Gold.

Now my issue is that the already-upgraded Gold is on 2.12.5 and the newly-upgraded Gold is on 2.12.13. And experiencing drop-outs like everyone else who upgraded. A different issue, indeed, but at least this one has been solved!

Thanks to everyone who offered advice!
Glad it worked out for you. Hopefully Devialet will update your speaker soon. If you file a ticket they might update it earlier.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Haven’t seen anyone else mention that firmware yet 2.12.13... if it’s buggy sounds like one to avoid
(23-Feb-2021, 16:42)TechGuy Wrote: Haven’t seen anyone else mention that firmware yet 2.12.13... if it’s buggy sounds like one to avoid

Oops, sorry.  Typo.  Meant 2.12.3.