Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
High Fidelity Cables - HFC
So I am wondering how many of you out there are using High Fidelity Cables ( http://www.highfidelitycables.com/ ) in their Devialet systems?

I have what you would call the "full loom" now except for my Ethernet cables. And that is only because they do not make them! If they did, I would have them too!

I am just completely amazed at the depth and realism these cables bring out. I now also have their MC-6 Hemisphere power conditioner. It is not fully burned in yet, but already doing even more amazing things to my sound. 

Anyone in Devialet Land have some impressions about these cables?
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)
(22-Dec-2017, 23:02)MIO2013 Wrote: So I am wondering how many of you out there are using High Fidelity Cables ( http://www.highfidelitycables.com/ ) in their Devialet systems?

I have what you would call the "full loom" now except for my Ethernet cables. And that is only because they do not make them! If they did, I would have them too!

I am just completely amazed at the depth and realism these cables bring out. I now also have their MC-6 Hemisphere power conditioner. It is not fully burned in yet, but already doing even more amazing things to my sound. 

Anyone in Devialet Land have some impressions about these cables?

I do. See my system under ‘making my wife happy’. Amazingly better than any other I tested.
Pro 1000, High Fidelity speaker cables, B&W 800d2 bi-amplified, Niagara 3000, Nuprime SW8, rj45 Vovox Excelsus, Qobuz Sublime, JRiver 27
Exclamation 
Your system is quite beautiful and I have no doubt it sounds amazing!

Mine is not quite so pretty, and my speakers are my weakest link now, but with the HFC's throughout, infinitely better then I thought it would EVER sound.

I am planning on some Vandersteen Treo CT's in the fall of 18'. Then my system will really be singing!

Still not as beautiful as yours, but I also don't have a wife to contend with.... 

Is it just the speaker cables you have? Have you tried their power cables?
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)
(26-Dec-2017, 17:37)MIO2013 Wrote: Your system is quite beautiful and I have no doubt it sounds amazing!

Mine is not quite so pretty, and my speakers are my weakest link now, but with the HFC's throughout, infinitely better then I thought it would EVER sound.

I am planning on some Vandersteen Treo CT's in the fall of 18'. Then my system will really be singing!

Still not as beautiful as yours, but I also don't have a wife to contend with.... 

Is it just the speaker cables you have? Have you tried their power cables?

No, I run Wireworld Silver Electra, but I added a High Fidelity MC-0.5 in the circuit that exclusively supply the 250 from the main electric Switchboard. Waiting anytime now for my second 250 to scale up to 1000 with the eventual hope to switch from monoblocs to so called horizontal amplification. That would require another investment in HF cables. Mamma Mia...
Pro 1000, High Fidelity speaker cables, B&W 800d2 bi-amplified, Niagara 3000, Nuprime SW8, rj45 Vovox Excelsus, Qobuz Sublime, JRiver 27
Yes, their cables and sound do become an addiction. The more you add, the better the sound...EVERY time!!

I have a Reveal PC from the wall going into an Audioquest Niagara 1000. (Need the surge protection, and also VERY good sound from it) A Reveal PC from the Niagara to the MC-6 Hemisphere. A CT-1 Enhanced PC going from Hemisphere to Devialet. Reveal speaker cables to my speakers. In the other plug of the duplex on the wall, I have 7 MC- 0.5's

My next investment will be a pair of Vandersteen Treo CT's. Can't wait to hear those in this system!
(27-Dec-2017, 17:17)MIO2013 Wrote: Yes, their cables and sound do become an addiction. The more you add, the better the sound...EVERY time!!

I have a Reveal PC from the wall going into an Audioquest Niagara 1000. (Need the surge protection, and also VERY good sound from it) A Reveal PC from the Niagara to the MC-6 Hemisphere. A CT-1 Enhanced PC going from Hemisphere to Devialet. Reveal speaker cables to my speakers. In the other plug of the duplex on the wall, I have 7 MC- 0.5's

My next investment will be a pair of Vandersteen Treo CT's. Can't wait to hear those in this system!

7?! Did you say seven? Holy smoke!

The Vandersteens look awesome, and they are a really good price.  Shame we don’t have any dealers over here.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Yes, I did say 7.

And what is ironic, is that Casey at HFC told me when I bought the last 3, that 7 is "child's play".

They use up to 30 in their demos. Don't have room or the money for that, but they sure make a difference!

I have to say though, the biggest difference in sound that I have had so far is the Reveal speaker cables. 

As you can guess, I am adding theses things in increments. The CT-1 Enhanced PC was quite a jump when I put that in line, but the Reveal speaker cables truly shocked me. As Rick Schultz says, you simply get more music. Well, I certainly got that, much better everything including volume. Now that they are burned in, I have to turn my Devialet down! I was running -18 norm and -16 loud. Now, it's -22 norm and -20 loud. I can't even think about -16 anymore. WAY too loud for my room. But the sweetness and quality they gave me over my AQ Rocket 44's was a shock, it really was.

Once my Hemisphere gets good and burned in, I'm sure I will be in for another shock.

The Vandy's are gonna be a perfect fit for my room. I really can't wait, but the wallet tells me I will be...

The speakers I have now sound pretty fantastic with this setup already, but they are literally speakers that I made from scratch. I used to work in a speaker shop. I built the cabinets, custom built the woofers, and wired the crossovers and cabinets myself. They are far superior to anything you will walk out of a Best Buy with, but they don't sell speakers like Vandersteen's at Best Buy! My speaker building has always been for quantity, not always quality. I have moved out of those days of my life, and want to hear ultra quality in this system. it's being, piece by piece, built for it.
Think its time to leave my feedback or very bad experience on Rick Schulz and High Fidelity Cables.

At the beginning of this year I've sent an request by email to HFC, if an update from Reveal line of cables is a big step up to CT2. They told me it's a clear improvement when going to CT2 full loom. As it was about 10'000$ to go straight to a complete system cabling with CT2 their customer service agreed on 30 day money back warraty if I'm not fully satisfied - so I've take the risk and made the transaction by credit card.

A few weeks later the parcel arrived and I've installed the brand new cables. I was running the TQ Burnin disc 24h to get the cables ready faster. During my listening test I wasn't really impressed by the cables but after further contact with Rick I left them untouched in my system for a longer time. The sound was still boring to listen at and offered a very flat soundstage - the upgrade wasn't worth the big outlay.

That's why I've sent an email to Rick and I was very suprised as he first told me, that there's no money back warranty on this cable line. After complaining and forwarding the email from his customer service, he agreed and I've sent the cable fully insured back.
They have got the cables back and the customer service told me, that it will take up to ten days for transfering the money back - this was end of march! By now, still no money transfered back to me and emails to the customer service get unanswered - only after telling them that I will forward this case to my lawyer and report this fraud to the police department, I've got an answer from Rick telling me, that the money will take another 3-5 days to be sent back - this also was just a liar as there wasn't comming any money back until now.

This is not the customer service a manufacturer should offer to his highend audio customers and cheat them by such big amount of money! The case is now at my lawyer.

Be warned to deal with High Fidelity Cables - thats my experience I had with them and I will never advise any of my friend this cables again - also I've sold all my HFC cables and switched to a trustful brand where the customer service is their most important part in business (thx Entreq btw).
(01-May-2019, 10:29)Maragoo Wrote: Think its time to leave my feedback or very bad experience on Rick Schulz and High Fidelity Cables.

At the beginning of this year I've sent an request by email to HFC, if an update from Reveal line of cables is a big step up to CT2. They told me it's a clear improvement when going to CT2 full loom. As it was about 10'000$ to go straight to a complete system cabling with CT2 their customer service agreed on 30 day money back warraty if I'm not fully satisfied - so I've take the risk and made the transaction by credit card.

A few weeks later the parcel arrived and I've installed the brand new cables. I was running the TQ Burnin disc 24h to get the cables ready faster. During my listening test I wasn't really impressed by the cables but after further contact with Rick I left them untouched in my system for a longer time. The sound was still boring to listen at and offered a very flat soundstage - the upgrade wasn't worth the big outlay.

That's why I've sent an email to Rick and I was very suprised as he first told me, that there's no money back warranty on this cable line. After complaining and forwarding the email from his customer service, he agreed and I've sent the cable fully insured back.
They have got the cables back and the customer service told me, that it will take up to ten days for transfering the money back - this was end of march! By now, still no money transfered back to me and emails to the customer service get unanswered - only after telling them that I will forward this case to my lawyer and report this fraud to the police department, I've got an answer from Rick telling me, that the money will take another 3-5 days to be sent back - this also was just a liar as there wasn't comming any money back until now.

This is not the customer service a manufacturer should offer to his highend audio customers and cheat them by such big amount of money! The case is now at my lawyer.

Be warned to deal with High Fidelity Cables - thats my experience I had with them and I will never advise any of my friend this cables again - also I've sold all my HFC cables and switched to a trustful brand where the customer service is their most important part in business (thx Entreq btw).

WOW! Ripped off by a cable salesman. I've never heard of that before.  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
me either...first time this happen to me and I deal a lot with many different dealers/brands as here in Switzerland most brands are not available for testing/buying.