Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Theater Functionality for Phantom by Oct
I was visiting the local Devialet shop and was told that Devialet is working on the Home Theater functionality for the Phantom series and should be announced by Oct 2015.

Official launch of Phantom in China will be July 15th and they are working with the local cloud music service providers.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Since most video equipment today uses HDMI and the Dialog box doesn't have HDMI ports I'm wondering if Devialet will come out with a new type of box?
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(11-May-2015, 13:22)Eddye Wrote: Since most video equipment today uses HDMI and the Dialog box doesn't have HDMI ports I'm wondering if Devialet will come out with a new type of box?

Well, there have been talks about a phono stage-equipped Dialog that is supposed to be released at the end of this year (I have never heard anything official regarding this matter) so one with HDMI could be possible.

If they do, I hope that they will consider a special offer for current Dialog owners.
May be dialog 2.0 is on its way to be announced. Hope they will be able to announce an integrated solution for tv, blu Ray player, phantom, expert. Of course, would not
get too excited cause it won't work when it is available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is feasible that the existing USB input could be cajoled into accepting multi-channel sound from an HTPC. Not much use to a BluRay player though!
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(14-May-2015, 12:36)warpeon Wrote: May be dialog 2.0 is on its way to be announced. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats what I would hope for.  The existing Dialog is probably fine in the context of a Phantom system but looks too compromised to be really satisfactory in an 'Expert' system.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
I asked Devialet support if this will be a hardware update or a software update.
They told me not to worry because it will be a software update.