Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to configure pre out and sub out on 250
Recently got a 250 and very pleased I am too. My query is the configurator informs what can be configured but does not give instructions on how to do it, for example pre out/sub out or have I "lost it". Any assistance gratefully recieved.
Cheers,
Bill
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(10-Dec-2014, 22:26)wwm Wrote: Recently got a 250 and very pleased I am too. My query is the configurator informs what can be configured but does not give instructions on how to do it, for example pre out/sub out or have I "lost it". Any assistance gratefully recieved.
Cheers,
Bill

Tried this? - https://help.devialet.com/home

Must admit the instructions for sub out are a bit vague.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
(11-Dec-2014, 19:12)ozthepoz Wrote:
(10-Dec-2014, 22:26)wwm Wrote: Recently got a 250 and very pleased I am too. My query is the configurator informs what can be configured but does not give instructions on how to do it, for example pre out/sub out or have I "lost it". Any assistance gratefully recieved.
Cheers,
Bill

Hi Ozthepoz,
Thanks for the link but been there and not that helpful, Perhaps I need a step by step instuction manual but they are becoming a rarity.
Cheers,
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(11-Dec-2014, 19:27)wwm Wrote:
Cheers,
Bill

Hi Ozthepoz,
Thanks for the link but been there and not that helpful, Perhaps I need a step by step instuction manual but they are becoming a rarity.
Cheers,
Bill.

There are lots of people on here using subs, perhaps someone could chime in with some practical help? Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(11-Dec-2014, 19:31)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(11-Dec-2014, 19:27)wwm Wrote:
Cheers,
Bill

Hi Ozthepoz,
Cheers,
Bill.

There are lots of people on here using subs, perhaps someone could chime in with some practical help? Smile

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,
Yes, i have read a number of post's where enthusiasts are using subs. I have connected mine using the high level inputs but I am curious about the sound quality using line level. Hopefully someone will give me a step by step guide.
Cheers lots,
Bill
Hello Bill - I'm driving my sub from a mono line output. Here's how I set it up from the configurator:

* in the configurator by default you should see two connections headed "Digital", between the Line 1 and AES/EBU connectors

* select the down-pointing arrow under the left-hand Digital heading, to bring up a configuration dialog headed "Digital 2 Settings"

* select the "Pre-amplified Output (Mono)" option (the dialog box title will change to "Sub Settings")

* the mix should be set to "Mono" by default; adjust the output level to suit your sub's line input if necessary

* select the filter parameters you want to use, if any (most likely either full-range or low-pass)

* select OK to close that dialog; the configurator should now show the connector as a "Sub" output

That's the basic set-up.

By bringing up the Speakers configuration dialog you can then configure the speaker output to use a high-pass filter if you wish. (I found this helped the sub and main speakers to integrate more effectively.) If you do that, you'll probably want the high-pass filter to apply when the pre-out is ON, but full-range output when the pre-out is OFF.

Another option which I found helpful when setting up the sub is to configure one of the buttons on the remote to toggle the pre-out (that is, sub output) on and off.

Hope that's helpful, and sorry in advance if I've missed anything. Let us know how you get on!

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(12-Dec-2014, 11:42)thumb5 Wrote: Hello Bill - I'm driving my sub from a mono line output. Here's how I set it up from the configurator:

* in the configurator by default you should see two connections headed "Digital", between the Line 1 and AES/EBU connectors

* select the down-pointing arrow under the left-hand Digital heading, to bring up a configuration dialog headed "Digital 2 Settings"

* select the "Pre-amplified Output (Mono)" option (the dialog box title will change to "Sub Settings")

* the mix should be set to "Mono" by default; adjust the output level to suit your sub's line input if necessary

* select the filter parameters you want to use, if any (most likely either full-range or low-pass)

* select OK to close that dialog; the configurator should now show the connector as a "Sub" output

That's the basic set-up.

By bringing up the Speakers configuration dialog you can then configure the speaker output to use a high-pass filter if you wish. (I found this helped the sub and main speakers to integrate more effectively.) If you do that, you'll probably want the high-pass filter to apply when the pre-out is ON, but full-range output when the pre-out is OFF.

Another option which I found helpful when setting up the sub is to configure one of the buttons on the remote to toggle the pre-out (that is, sub output) on and off.

Hope that's helpful, and sorry in advance if I've missed anything. Let us know how you get on!

Ian

Hi Ian,
Very many thanks for your concise guidance, just what I needed. Will have a play tomorrow and let you know the outcome.
Cheers lots,
Bill.
Hi again Ian,
Cracked it, your help is most appreciated, thanks again.
Cheers,
Bill.
Great! My pleasure.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
When I get to this step:
By bringing up the Speakers configuration dialog you can then configure the speaker output to use a high-pass filter if you wish.

There are no options I can change. . the "filtering section" - as most of the items - are grayed out?