Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet
(28-Jan-2020, 13:51)JFX Wrote: There is a Devialet event going to happen to morrow in Sweden at Audio Concept :-) The text says that one can bring their speakers to the store and have them sam´ed and discussion about Devialet present time and future! Unfortunately I can't attend the event those I live in a different part of Sweden!
https://audioconcept.se/devialet-sam-demo-event/

Unfortunately I missed it, busy day at work followed by my son's football training.  I would love to have quizzed them about the lack of follow-through on all the promises regarding Core Infinity.  Shame they didn't give us a bit more notice..  

I see from your signature you are driving  Ktêmas with a D1000, nice!  250 driving Ktêmas here.  Despite all the small frustrations life could be worse!
@struts , @JFX - just saw you both mentioned Ktêmas - I'd love to hear a pair of those driven by a 1000, having fallen in love with the Accordos a few years ago.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(29-Jan-2020, 22:15)thumb5 Wrote: @struts , @JFX - just saw you both mentioned Ktêmas - I'd love to hear a pair of those driven by a 1000, having fallen in love with the Accordos a few years ago.

@thumb5, you should!  IMHO it is one of those rare "charmed" combinations that works particularly well.  I have also listened fairly extensively to a pair of Accordos driven by a 220 and been similarly impressed.  

Something that maybe played a big part in my decision was a picture published by a quite renowned Chinese audiophile from a visit to Serblin's studio about 10 years ago where Franco's own Ktêmas are shown being driven by D-Premier perched atop an Esoteric transport hinting that the D-Premier was either used in the development of the Ktêmas or just used for listening pleasure - or both!  That image just haunted me.  I saved a copy of it somewhere (unfortunately I can only find a very lo res version online).

Suffice it to say, if you ever find yourself in the frozen north you know whom to PM!
[Going further off topic because no moaning involved...quite the opposite]

@struts, that's a great story. I've been a fan of Serblin-designed speakers for many years but when I retired my Guarneri Homage there was nothing in the then-current Sonus Faber range that did the job quite as well (for me). The Accordos were great with my 400 as it was then, I think, and benefited enormously from SAM. In the end I plumped for a pair of Kaiser Chiaras which I'm very pleased with (I chose them because they have a bit more whack than the Accordos and worked very well without SAM, so felt a bit more "future proof"). Actually I think the Ktêmas might be a bit much for my 6 x 4 m living room but apart from that they're definitely "on the list" if I ever get the urge to change speakers again. And thanks for tantalising me...who knows where my travels might take me?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(29-Jan-2020, 23:31)thumb5 Wrote: [Going further off topic because no moaning involved...quite the opposite]

@struts, that's a great story.  I've been a fan of Serblin-designed speakers for many years but when I retired my Guarneri Homage there was nothing in the then-current Sonus Faber range that did the job quite as well (for me).  The Accordos were great with my 400 as it was then, I think, and benefited enormously from SAM.  In the end I plumped for a pair of Kaiser Chiaras which I'm very pleased with (I chose them because they have a bit more whack than the Accordos and worked very well without SAM, so felt a bit more "future proof").  Actually I think the Ktêmas might be a bit much for my 6 x 4 m living room but apart from that they're definitely "on the list" if I ever get the urge to change speakers again.  And thanks for tantalising me...who knows where my travels might take me?
 [Continuing OT 'cause it's fun]

@thumb5 how funny.  Just about the only speakers that have really tempted me since I bought the Ktêmas were a pair of Kaiser Kaweros I heard at a show.  Amazing setup where they had put a lot of effort into room treatment and it had really paid off.  Then one of the local dealers here got a pair as a trade in and they've been sat there on his website for over a year at less than half of list just mocking me.  Sorely tempted but they are in piano black which the BOSS has rejected out of hand.  Plus it might have turned out to be a sideways move, or even a bad one.  Who knows?  Pretty happy where I am, but it is still funny how great minds think alike..
(29-Jan-2020, 23:48)struts Wrote:
(29-Jan-2020, 23:31)thumb5 Wrote: [Going further off topic because no moaning involved...quite the opposite]

@struts, that's a great story.  I've been a fan of Serblin-designed speakers for many years but when I retired my Guarneri Homage there was nothing in the then-current Sonus Faber range that did the job quite as well (for me).  The Accordos were great with my 400 as it was then, I think, and benefited enormously from SAM.  In the end I plumped for a pair of Kaiser Chiaras which I'm very pleased with (I chose them because they have a bit more whack than the Accordos and worked very well without SAM, so felt a bit more "future proof").  Actually I think the Ktêmas might be a bit much for my 6 x 4 m living room but apart from that they're definitely "on the list" if I ever get the urge to change speakers again.  And thanks for tantalising me...who knows where my travels might take me?
 [Continuing OT 'cause it's fun]

@thumb5 how funny.  Just about the only speakers that have really tempted me since I bought the Ktêmas were a pair of Kaiser Kaweros I heard at a show.  Amazing setup where they had put a lot of effort into room treatment and it had really paid off.  Then one of the local dealers here got a pair as a trade in and they've been sat there on his website for over a year at less than half of list just mocking me.  Sorely tempted but they are in piano black which the BOSS has rejected out of hand.  Plus it might have turned out to be a sideways move, or even a bad one.  Who knows?  Pretty happy where I am, but it is still funny how great minds think alike..
Same here Kaiser Kaweros seems to be really nice speakers and I have heard lots of good things about them! I really think that Devialet with Ktêmas makes a nice harmony in sound that I prefer. My friend has the Accordos and used to drive them with 220 PRO and it did work really fine with a amazing presence and soul in the sound. When he did moved to a house he bought Lyngdorf because he could use the Lyngdorf sub woofer system, those the room was much bigger now and he want be able to play music louder but I feel that he did lost a bit of the lovely soul and presence in the sound! My only wish is that Devialet would make it possible to use some kind of room correction,, beside that I feel there is not so much more that I really would consider to be must have feature with Devialet and I think its the only thing that could improve the sound quality for us with not so perfect rooms!
Devialet 1000 PRO CI, Franco Serblin Ktema. Power Distribution Purist Audio Design AC Extension LE, Purist Audio Neptune speaker cable, Purist Audio Neptune Diamond power cable to Devialet, Purist Audio Aquila Digital Power Cord to Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Purist Audio Dominus digital For link between Devialet 1000 PRO. Purist Audio CAT 7, AVID - Sequel SP with SME 309 and Soundsmith - The Voice, IsoAcoustics Gaia II , Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Router with Ferrum Hypsos PSU.
(29-Jan-2020, 21:50)struts Wrote:
(28-Jan-2020, 13:51)JFX Wrote: There is a Devialet event going to happen to morrow in Sweden at Audio Concept :-) The text says that one can bring their speakers to the store and have them sam´ed and discussion about Devialet present time and future! Unfortunately I can't attend the event those I live in a different part of Sweden!

Unfortunately I missed it, busy day at work followed by my son's football training.  I would love to have quizzed them about the lack of follow-through on all the promises regarding Core Infinity.  Shame they didn't give us a bit more notice..  

I see from your signature you are driving  Ktêmas with a D1000, nice!  250 driving Ktêmas here.  Despite all the small frustrations life could be worse!
Thats really nice and interesting to know that there is some else also using Devialet with the Ktêmas and what I understand also is living in Sweden  Cool  Are u also a member at the euphonia-audioforum?
Devialet 1000 PRO CI, Franco Serblin Ktema. Power Distribution Purist Audio Design AC Extension LE, Purist Audio Neptune speaker cable, Purist Audio Neptune Diamond power cable to Devialet, Purist Audio Aquila Digital Power Cord to Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Purist Audio Dominus digital For link between Devialet 1000 PRO. Purist Audio CAT 7, AVID - Sequel SP with SME 309 and Soundsmith - The Voice, IsoAcoustics Gaia II , Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Router with Ferrum Hypsos PSU.
Now maybe this thread did get a bit OT! I would liked to ask the ones that wants to have a good old moan about Devialet, what is it you would liked to had on the Devialet and what would make the sound quality to improve?

I admit that Devialets biggest issue is their communication that they could improve it, even if they don't have any news to inform about but they could noticed about it! They could always noticed when they have aded new speakers to the SAM list and when their resellers has events! I think this would make the customers be aware that there is some activity going on with the Devialet.

Only thing I really liked to had on my Devialet is some kind of room correction maybe a plug in so one could use Dirac or some other device or at least a eq!

Many moans about that one has to use the configurator with a the memory stick, I don't mind those when I have done the settings I don't really have to change the settings often! Even one could do it straight from the app to the Devialet I don't think this feature would improve the sound;-)

Maybe I would liked to had MQA decoding, but no one knows for how long Tidal will be in business. So maybe its a feature that is not so future proof!
My concerns were never about sound quality. It was about the lack of investigation and support of the Roon RAAT bug in the firmware released nearly 1 year ago. And it was about the lack of communication and further development with regard to the Pro & Core Infinity upgrade (surely they did that for a reason, no?).

But hey, my 440 Pro continues to sound amazing and that's no moan.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(31-Jan-2020, 11:01)JFX Wrote:
(29-Jan-2020, 21:50)struts Wrote:

Thats really nice and interesting to know that there is some else also using Devialet with the Ktêmas and what I understand also is living in Sweden  Cool  Are u also a member at the euphonia-audioforum?

Yes, also on Euphonia, also as struts, but not very active there for the last few years.  But do a search and you'll find my posts gathering dust, as well as a "hemma hos" from about 10 years back.