Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm outta touch, how's everyone streaming?
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I was on here last and I'm way out of touch. So looking for your advice if I may 

A few years ago I used to feed my D440 pro with a laptop running various playlists on Foobar but then I sent off for the CI upgrade and since it's return it's beem sat in the packaging unopened. In the meantime, I have been using apple music on my phone airdropped to a speaker due to the convenience 

So my question is what can I now do to utilise the CI upgrade board in terms of streaming music to the D440 pro? Had the board added some magic or if I want to control music remotely via iPhone is Roon my only option?
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
With the Ci, you can now listen to Apple Music using Airplay (I assume this is what you mean by ´airdrop’)

This is one of my two ways of listening music, the other being Roon to listen to the music I have locally on my computer.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I use Roon to stream music from Qobuz and from my own files which are stored on a Roon Nucleus+. Both the Nucleus+ and my 140 with the CI board are connected to the network via ethernet. I control Roon with the Roon Remote app on an iPad.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(22-Sep-2021, 06:27)Jean-Marie Wrote: With the Ci, you can now listen to Apple Music using Airplay (I assume this is what you mean by ´airdrop’)

This is one of my two ways of listening music, the other being Roon to listen to the music I have locally on my computer.

Jean-Marie

Thanks Jean-Marie, that's exactly what I was wondering  Smile 

Will I be able to select the music on my phone and airplay it to the D440?
Do you happen to know if it will support apples hi-res too?
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(22-Sep-2021, 09:33)David A Wrote: I use Roon to stream music from Qobuz and from my own files which are stored on a Roon Nucleus+. Both the Nucleus+ and my 140 with the CI board are connected to the network via ethernet. I control Roon with the Roon Remote app on an iPad.

Thanks David, I think this will be my eventual setup as I have a lot of my own files ...hoping Roon may have a Black Friday deal

The Cotswolds England
(22-Sep-2021, 19:47)tyefighter Wrote:
(22-Sep-2021, 06:27)Jean-Marie Wrote: With the Ci, you can now listen to Apple Music using Airplay (I assume this is what you mean by ´airdrop’)

Jean-Marie

Thanks Jean-Marie, that's exactly what I was wondering  Smile 

Will I be able to select the music on my phone and airplay it to the D440?
Do you happen to know if it will support apples hi-res too?

Absolutely you can select the music on your phone and Airplay it to the Devialet. (This is what am currently doing)

As for high res, I believe Airplay is limited to 24bits and 48kHz, so there is resampling involved in the phone. 

Whether it matters or not is a question of opinion and taste. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France