Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Inconsistent intermittent dropout using Expert Remote
Next to my listening chair, I have my iPad (used as a Roon Remote) over WiFi and my Expert Remote. Seldomly and once in a while, when I either increase or decrease the listening level using the Volume knob of the Expert remote, I hear a fraction-of-a-second dropout. 

- Could the Expert Remote connected over Bluetooth be interfering with the WiFi signals of the iPad ?

- At present, in the configurator, for the "remote count", its at 1. Can I change it to say "2" or "3" or "4" ? Will this help ?

Will appreciate to hear your thoughts on this ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Yes, I would be interested to know to. I have experienced the same issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi,
Bluetooth and WLAN 802.11b and 802.11g use the same radio frequencies around 2.4 GHz. That's why both systems get in each other's way. Depending on the application and situation, the data transfer rate of a WLAN drops by up to 20 percent when Bluetooth transmits larger amounts of data. Therefore, do not use both systems at the same time, but choose one.
If you absolutely want to use both radio network technologies, WLAN 802.11ac is the way out. This radio technology uses frequencies around 5 GHz and thus avoids Bluetooth. Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(27-Apr-2020, 17:18)K4680 Wrote: Hi,
Bluetooth and WLAN 802.11b and 802.11g use the same radio frequencies around 2.4 GHz.  That's why both systems get in each other's way.  Depending on the application and situation, the data transfer rate of a WLAN drops by up to 20 percent when Bluetooth transmits larger amounts of data.  Therefore, do not use both systems at the same time, but choose one.
If you absolutely want to use both radio network technologies, WLAN 802.11ac is the way out.  This radio technology uses frequencies around 5 GHz and thus avoids Bluetooth. Rolleyes

Thank for the info.

My iPad's WiFi is only on 802.11ac, 5GHz. Yet am getting intermittent dropout once in a while.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Hi audio_engr, another idea! If you have a DECT phone or DECT station nearby, they can also be extremely disturbing in the 2.4GHz range.

The 2.4 GHz band is literally overrun. While transmitting, Bluetooth devices and cordless telephones, which work according to the DECT standard, send in it. But poorly heard microwave ovens, owners of radio modules such as work for cordless tasks or even remote-controlled model cars often belong to these frequencies.
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Just as an FYI, the Devialet remote uses the Zigbee protocol so not WiFi or Bluetooth. Smile It does also operate in the 2.4GHz band so it could indeed be some kind of interference.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Something to keep in mind is that neither the remote control nor the iPad actually sends music data to the Expert. That's the job of the Nucleus. So even if they were to interfere with each other, there shouldn't be an interruption of the music. It's worth having a play with the remote right on top of the iPad and a meter or so away to see what happens. Maybe the iPad corrupts the remote's signal and it confuses the Expert. Who knows.

As far as the configurator goes, the 1,2 or 3 is the amount of actual Expert remotes you can connect. The iPad isn't one of them so that's not going to fix the issue.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.