Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(05-Jul-2018, 14:47)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Why send yours one at a time out of interest? Would figure it would be better to have them run tests and check them both as a pair?
Good question and really just out of convenience - we're about to move house so most of the system is packed away and I've just been running a single 250 recently.  I figured it was a good time to get one of them done and I'll just run the upgraded one on its own when we move and send the master away at that time.
It'll be interesting to see what functionality the companion comes back with.  Will be be a full fat D250 with the ethernet interface & wireless enabled?
440 Pro CI, Roon ROCK, Technics 1200G, Celestion Ditton 66
(06-Jul-2018, 07:40)pjlarge Wrote:
(05-Jul-2018, 14:47)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Why send yours one at a time out of interest? Would figure it would be better to have them run tests and check them both as a pair?
Good question and really just out of convenience - we're about to move house so most of the system is packed away and I've just been running a single 250 recently.  I figured it was a good time to get one of them done and I'll just run the upgraded one on its own when we move and send the master away at that time.
It'll be interesting to see what functionality the companion comes back with.  Will be be a full fat D250 with the ethernet interface & wireless enabled?

Certainly my 1000 came back as 2 x 250 with full functionality and either can be used as the master, the only thing you don't get 2 of is remotes, Oh and you get a Master SD and a Companion SD
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Great, thanks for that and what I was hoping might happen. It means I can split the system into two smaller ones if I want :-)
440 Pro CI, Roon ROCK, Technics 1200G, Celestion Ditton 66
Well, my 440 Pro is now packed up and ready to go for the Core Infinity upgrade.  Pick-up scheduled for Monday.

I must say, the packaging Devialet sent for me to ship the units for the upgrade seems to be a great improvement on what they originally came in.  (I hope I'm not eating my words when they come back...)

Now to fire up the Sonos Play:5 so I can keep listening to music in the meantime!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(21-Jul-2018, 16:20)thumb5 Wrote: Well, my 440 Pro is now packed up and ready to go for the Core Infinity upgrade.  Pick-up scheduled for Monday.

I must say, the packaging Devialet sent for me to ship the units for the upgrade seems to be a great improvement on what they originally came in.  (I hope I'm not eating my words when they come back...)

Now to fire up the Sonos Play:5 so I can keep listening to music in the meantime!
Glad you’ve decided to go for it. Hope everything goes to plan and you get them back quickly, and, more importantly, that you like what you hear when you get them hooked up!  I’m confident that you won’t regret having it done, especially as the software seems pretty well sorted now.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(21-Jul-2018, 16:20)thumb5 Wrote: Well, my 440 Pro is now packed up and ready to go for the Core Infinity upgrade.  Pick-up scheduled for Monday.

Hi Ian, glad you have decided to take the plunge - you won’t be disappointed  Smile.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
@brit and @Axel - thanks for your reassuring words, appreciated.
Warwickshire, UK

Good move, you will love the changes.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Well, it's back! Actually it arrived around mid-day yesterday but I didn't have time to even unpack it. Pretty impressive to turn the upgrade round in just a smidge over a week, including the trips to and from Normandy.

Looks perfect and sounds jolly fine at first go -- will have a proper listen over the week-end.
Warwickshire, UK
Ian, can you elaborate on the packaging they gave you to ship the unit in and how it was when it was sent back? Also, do you think they did any reconditioning to the casework or does it look about the same?
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."