Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Debard dissing Devialet?
I don't think he means Jadis. Focal Interview
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

In one way he is right - if it is Devialet he means. A lot of money spent on 'the worlds best...' 'zero distortion..' and the like. Most of us would prefer more focus on products, not marketing.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I don’t think it was about Devialet.

Quote:For us, innovation is not just traveling to China then engineering and developing products shipped from there

Until Phantoms are manufactured in China.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(03-Apr-2018, 17:21)maxijazz Wrote: I don’t think it was about Devialet.

Quote:For us, innovation is not just traveling to China then engineering and developing products shipped from there

Until Phantoms are manufactured in China.

I thought he was referring to Foxconn.

mhh, Focal has more ads in German magazines than this French company...
And without advertising and PR Devialet would still be a well kept secret. Is this money really wrongly spent ? As long as they can afford it...
Normally in business, when one of your rivals starts to publicly criticise your company or criticise one of your products, it is a very good sign. It means you have got them worried or your are taking business off them. Focals can work very nicely with the Expert amps, so here there is a synergy. The Phantom, however, is bang on the same money as some of the better selling Focals with a suitable amp.

If Focal do not see Devialet as a threat, why would they even bother mentioning them?

He might have been talking about Cabasse though, they are big in France with Chinese supply and manufacture. Although they are probably less of a threat than the Phantom in the bigger selling end of the market.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I don't know if they are talking about Devialet, but here is an interesting fact:
Focal, created in 1988, had a revenue of 53 M€ in 2016.
Devialet, created in 2007, had a revenue of 3.5 M€ in 2012, 5 M€ in 2013, 10 M€ in 2014, 30 M€ in 2015 and 60 M€ in 2016.

If I'm a 30 years old company and see a other one achieving the same revenue in just 9 years and with a trend promising to be twice as much in 10 years than done in 30 years, yes I would seriously consider them......

Just saying.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(04-Apr-2018, 20:58)Jean-Marie Wrote: Devialet, created in 2007, had a revenue of 3.5 M€ in 2012, 5 M€ in 2013, 10 M€ in 2014, 30 M€ in 2015 and 60 M€ in 2016.

And all that with effectively only two product lines, not counting the 'found' recordings.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(04-Apr-2018, 20:40)Confused Wrote: He might have been talking about Cabasse though, they are big in France with Chinese supply and manufacture.  Although they are probably less of a threat than the Phantom in the bigger selling end of the market.

Hadn't occurred to me. That makes sense.