Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Phantom 1 108db SUPERIOR to 103db that much?
Sad 
Hello, I just bought a pair of Phantom 1 103 db, and they sound good together. However, my friend said that the quality of 103 db is much worse than 108 db due to the fact that Phantom 108 has Grade 1 Titaninum Twetter driver Sad Are they really superior in terms of sound quality compared to 103 db version? If I give you a score of 10, how much do you give 103 and 108 db?

I kind of regret my decision to go for a pair of 103 db. I should have tried to buy the 108 db version Sad
I wouldn't say the 103 is much worse than the 108, but I prefer the titanium tweeter over the aluminium one. Is it worth the price difference? You should decide after listening to both. Could you demo both at a local hifi shop?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I also prefer titanium, you should listen and find out what is right for you

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(27-Oct-2021, 16:38)gabeo1985 Wrote: Hello, I just bought a pair of Phantom 1 103 db, and they sound good together. However, my friend said that the quality of 103 db is much worse than 108 db due to the fact that Phantom 108 has Grade 1 Titaninum Twetter driver Sad Are they really superior in terms of sound quality compared to 103 db version? If I give you a score of 10, how much do you give 103 and 108 db?

I kind of regret my decision to go for a pair of 103 db. I should have tried to buy the 108 db version Sad you are enjoying the 103 dB

Music is very much personal preference. You are enjoying the 103 dB, which is the most important thing. 

Why create unnecessary stress based on what your friend says? And what other people say here?  Are you going to change over to the 108 dB if they are a few more posts urging you to do it?  What if someone else say the Expert Pro with Magico speakers is even better?  (I don't know personally, just using it as example). You can chase forever...

Sit back and enjoy your new acquisition.
If the pair is very new and intact may be you can try to contact the company to ask for swap and upgrade?
For all those that do not need very loud (extreme) reproduction, Phantom I is (much) better value, no doubt. One of important reasons for my theory is
that both of them image exceptional - like a point source. And this is the main advantage of this design.
But - better amp and better tweeter do some things in favor of the Gold.
Anyway, it's hard to find a whole stereo system for 4000€ which can compete with Phantom I.