Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue Fixed: Transport in Use Error
Hi all,
As always, many thanks to those on this forum who help others with issues and improving SQ. It has got me back into my fun hifi hobby.
I have had many problems with connecting my Mac mini to my Dev 400 
The main issue was that most of the time when I started Roon, I would get the "Transport in Use" error. 
It was SSSOOOOO frustrating! Also, I couldn't make the remote work from my iPhone, apart form the first time I turned it on!

Anyway, I had followed the great instructions by baddog, (at https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4429) but it turned out that I needed to change things VERY slightly, and now it works with great stability (at last!!)
The changes I made to baddog's instructions are in italic and underlined.
Begin quote:

On the Configurator side you want to enable the ethernet port on the Devialet, and as you mentioned, under Ethernet settings ->Advanced Settings:

DHCP - OFF
Fixed IP address ( this is an example ) 192.168.1.2
Network Mask 255.255.255.0
Click OK.
Download the settings to your SD card.
Put SD card into Devialet and re-start.
Ensure Ethernet input is selected on the Devialet

On your Mac choose System Preferences from under the Apple menu (Apple icon top left on your screen )

Select Network.
Then select Ethernet ( it probably indicates it is connected and has a small green circle )
If you have not done so choose Configure IPv4 - and set to "Manually"
IP Address - set to 192.168.1.1    (note this is exactly the same as you set for the Devialet except the last number)
Subnet Mask - set to 255.255.255.0  (note this is exactly the same as you set for the Devialet )
Router - leave blank . End quote.

I hope this is helpful for anyone struggling as I was!
Many thanks again (esp. baddog, Pima van Pliet etc!)
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
After an hour of streaming via ethernet I get the "Transport in Use Error" and streaming stops. If I unplug the Devialet and restart it works again for about an hour, and then...

I followed the instructions above.

Any thoughts?
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

@AaronG This would be worth reporting to Roon. They may ask for your log files such that they can trouble shoot.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(10-Dec-2017, 03:31)baddog Wrote: @AaronG This would be worth reporting to Roon. They may ask for your log files such that they can trouble shoot.

Thanks! I did. I assume that the fix above doesn't work for me because I'm streaming from my Antipodes and not my Mac.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Since I changed to new network gear I got the Roon: Transport in use every time I tried to use Roon over AIR. So I went the static IP address as per above and it's working stable again.

I just wanted to add that after the change I couldn't connect my Mac mini to the internet. A Google search taught me that I needed to fill in the DNS server again. I used 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 as per my laptop and it all works fine again.

Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.