Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
La rentrée approche !
For non-French speakers that means the annual holiday for most French people will soon come to an end.  The "return" means that children will be going back to school and adults will be going back to work.  Will that result in the next firmware update for our Devialet Experts?  On verra!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Phantom Premier RAAT / DOS2 update plz Wink
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
I hate to rain on someone else's parade but if I were waiting for a RAAT update for a Phantom I think I'd rather see the fix for the RAAT/ethernet issues on the Expert Pro out the door first. I think I'd feel a little more confident that I wasn't buying into the same or similar problems if I knew that they'd fixed the problems with the Expert Pro range before releasing RAAT for the Phantoms.;
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I have been experiencing no problem whatsoever using Roon through ethernet the past year.

Outstanding sound and perfectly stable performance.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
I heard they going to release new firmware next few months. Follow their Instagram
It is just a comment for a complaining Expert customer. Probably they will reply in the same way if you raise the question via their support. The important thing is about the roadmap, we don't know when will it happen. What is the time range of "new few months" and what to expect in the new firmware.

For example with the latest updates, we lost the capability of using WIFI with Ethernet. I was using WIFI for the remote control while streaming via ethernet. Will they bring that back? (I am almost sure, they won't), the remote apps are very bad, they are very bad as an hybrid application. Do they consider to have real native apps? Another thing is aligning all the platforms to use the same mobile apps for all the units, will this happen?

We probably need a bit more clear update than a social feed comment. But on the other-side, I am super happy the sound of my 220 Pro, I prefer all the nice to have things to be robust than being delivered quick.
(06-Sep-2019, 11:35)ada Wrote: For example with the latest updates, we lost the capability of using WIFI with Ethernet. I was using WIFI for the remote control while streaming via ethernet. 

My remote app works whether I stream via Ethernet, WIFI, USB or anything else. As long as the Devialet is connected to the network my phone is on, I've never had a problem getting that to work. 

You might have a problem in your configuration if it doesn't work for you. Re-do the config from scratch and see if that fixes it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(06-Sep-2019, 12:47)Pim Wrote:
(06-Sep-2019, 11:35)ada Wrote: For example with the latest updates, we lost the capability of using WIFI with Ethernet. I was using WIFI for the remote control while streaming via ethernet. 

My remote app works whether I stream via Ethernet, WIFI, USB or anything else. As long as the Devialet is connected to the network my phone is on, I've never had a problem getting that to work. 

You might have a problem in your configuration if it doesn't work for you. Re-do the config from scratch and see if that fixes it.
+1
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
My Big wish is a better app who control all . Later could the riaa be upgrade . And that is enough for me .
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(06-Sep-2019, 12:47)Pim Wrote:

Maybe it is my English that I couldn't explain it very clearly. Before the CI, it was possible to use the WiFi and Ethernet interfaces at the same time. If you are curious why, I can explain, I have a closed network for my streaming setup. There are several disks + a dedicated custom computer + Devialet Ethernet interface in one network that doesn't go to my router because of several reasons, like don't put a cheap router in the middle and don't deal with cable spaghetti etc. If you set your network like this that almost ancient remote app won't work because your devialet will be without internet. In the past it was possible to enable the WiFi while the ethernet cable is connected and you were being able to use the app via that WiFi network.

Anyway, that's not a show stopper for me as the app is almost useless other than volume control. That's the second part of my complains because the basic things like pre-out management, enabling ICM etc is not possible via the app. I need to find the physical remote and stand to see the screen every time to change these settings. That's a shame because these could be done with simple extra API calls and small buttons in the UI of the app but there is no update on that approach for longer than 3 years. All in all, these are nice to have things for me, I wouldn't leave my Devialet just for these nice to have things, because I am so happy with the sound and I paid for the sound.