Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ML5 Reference Speakers
(17-May-2018, 15:54)Celts88 Wrote: @BrianT

I'm not great with all the "Audiophile" lingo, but below is what I posted on Stereonet (an Australian Hi-Fi forum). I get a bit silly with the wording, but you'll get the gist of it:

Mike, what have you done to my speakers?, I send over a pair of ML3’s for an upgrade (and reference one’s at that) and they come back totally unrecognisable ?. I keep having to turn down the music (easily 8-10dB less than the ML3’s), and what’s with all the other sounds in the music that wasn’t there with my ML3’s ? – how did you manage to throw in all those extra notes (magic dust I suppose?). The bass is much cleaner (did you do a bit of spring cleaning on the Woofer), and with more weight too. Also with guitars, pianos, violins, etc. who knows how you managed to add a couple of extra strings to each instrument (now that really is clever)

Sorry to be a bit rude, but the phrase “**** in **** out” was never so true with these ML5’s – whatever you feed them they spit it out with a vengeance (be that good or bad). If you want to hear how good (or bad) your system is then get a pair of ML5’s.

Whatever magic dust you sprinkled on these baby’s you better start making some more as they’re bloody addictive. I’ve never heard a pair of speakers like them - Mike, you keep making speakers better and better, I really haven’t got a bloody clue where it will all end (sorry for keep saying bloody, but that’s what these speakers do to me).

I’m no good at spelling out all the nuances of what different sounds these speakers can produce, but I can say it sounds bloody good (there I go again with that word). Another thing that stands out to me (except for all the extra sounds I never knew were in my recordings) is that they’re sharp as a tack and stop on a sixpence (dime) [Image: default_thumb.gif].

Only 2 words to say mate - BLOODY RIPPER!!!!!!!!! 

Celts

Nice one, I really liked your post  Tongue
Now can we get some Magic dust for our Devialet's, even though they sound great
magic dust just might improve them 

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

I just did a bit of a Google search and found out the ML5 is SAMed

https://www.devialet.com/en-au/expert-pr...reference/

@Celts88 , did you know that?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.