Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson Audio Yvette - Expert Pro 440 CI
I was not using my Devialet 200 for a long time and i decided to focus again on more music and the gear so i started by upgrading my 200 to 220 CI. Next is to find a new set of speakers, i have a pair of SF Olympica 2 but want to upgrade.
I came across two used sets, Magico Q5 and Raidho D3. I will bring my unit next week to listen both of them but i have a few questions to get some advice ;

- I understand both of them are no longer in production as newer models are in place
- both of them are not SAM enabled
- price range is about usd 20k per pair
- i have an option to add anothee 220 ci to hv a dual mono setup later on

Any of you experienced above speakers? Would you invest your money into one of this considering they are no longer in production and not SAM enabled? I think they were retailing around usd 60k at the time so it is a good deal or better to invest usd 20k to a new set and if so what will be the contenders?
I saw people recommending Wilson Sabrina X for example?

Thanks for your replies.

Tapatalk kullanarak iPad aracılığıyla gönderildi
Both are probably wonderful speakers, but I'd go for the Q5 as the cabinet is sealed which usually means better bass precision. Raidho uses vented cabinets and I prefer closed. If both had SAM profiles the vented cabinet would mean less.. As you have a chance to listen to both you'll soon know anyway Smile You might end up preferring the Olympica which has a SAM profile...
I have not heard any of them so I'm speaking from general experience. I did listen to the Q3 a long time ago - sounded very nice.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(16-Apr-2022, 22:12)ogs Wrote: Both are probably wonderful speakers, but I'd go for the Q5 as the cabinet is sealed which usually means better bass precision. Raidho uses vented cabinets and I prefer closed. If both had SAM profiles the vented cabinet would mean less.. As you have a chance to listen to both you'll soon know anyway Smile You might end up preferring the Olympica which has a SAM profile...
I have not heard any of them so I'm speaking from general experience. I did listen to the Q3 a long time ago - sounded very nice.

Thank you…
Yes, they will speak itself when i listen.
I hv Olympica at the office set up so it is not an option to bring home. Currently at home my 220 is connected to a home theatre system which consists of Monitor Audio RX. Which says bring me something else thus i am in search…

What i intended was different than what i ended up with. Now, I own a pair of Yvettes and running it with 220 CI and soon second unit will be arriving to make it a dual mono setup of 440 CI. I am already wondering what the improvements will be, if any, but i am sure there will be. Any experiences?

I am running ROON core which runs through a dedicated mini pc that operates ROCK, cabled connection. Devialet runs through wifi now and soon to be cabled as well. Currently, i can only play it through airplay as ROON core and air has drop out probelms.

Any suggestions on anything, tweaks, cables etc to consider given above brief…??

With SAM the Yvette is a real full range speaker! Very good bass without SAM too I think. I am sure a 440 will work fabulously with Yvettes. Be ware that Wilson speakers tend to have quite low impedance. 440 should handle this well though.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(04-Jun-2022, 11:27)ogs Wrote: With SAM the Yvette is a real full range speaker! Very good bass without SAM too I think. I am sure a 440 will work fabulously with Yvettes. Be ware that Wilson speakers tend to have quite low impedance. 440 should handle this well though.

Thank you.
Currently on 100% SAM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am happy to witness how my system is evolving.
I am still with a single 220 ci and i believe when the second unit gets into the system, there will be major improvement or at least this is i am hoping for.

Meantime, i installed nigara 1200 and z3 nrg cable for power management and replaced ethernet cables with wireworld cables as well as speaker cables with wireworld eclipse 8 cables. All those cables will need some burn in time for sure..

Still to go - burn in times for cables, second 220ci and then proper placement of Yvettes as they are not on spikes yet but on wheels.

I am also consideri g iso orea bronze pucks but not sure for gaiás for speakers. Then, hopefully i am done…

Gaia's on speakers are far more important than Orea's on Devialet.

Niagara 1200 is limiting the dynamics of Devialet 440. If you want Audioquest, you'll need at least Niagara 3000 and better cable from wall to Niagara. NRG Z3 is OK between Niagara and Devialett's.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(20-Jun-2022, 00:18)Delija Wrote: Gaia's on speakers are far more important than Orea's on Devialet.

Niagara 1200 is limiting the dynamics of Devialet 440. If you want Audioquest, you'll need at least Niagara 3000 and better cable from wall to Niagara. NRG Z3 is OK between Niagara and Devialett's.

Can I join this conversation and ask if not niagara then what conditioners worth considering for devialet. Expert pros ?

To be honest I didnt know that niagara 1200 is limiting dynamics,and I own one including 3 x z3 power cables ...
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug
You can always try without it and compare. Play some music that does have high(er) level of dynamics and observe whether some compression is introduced with the power filter/conditioner in the system.

It's a little tricky with all-in-one integrated amps like Devialet Expert, because usually you don't want power amp to be filtered (it should be used straight to the "wall") so you don't lose dynamics, but you could get some benefits if you use it on preamp, DAC, transport... With all-in-one integrated you need to check whether the benefits or drawbacks prevail.

From my experience, in order not to lose dynamics, you need to go with the higher models of power filters/conditioners - Audience, Shunyata, Gigawatt, Synergistic Reserach, AudioQuest...

In my case, power line is pretty much fine and what I needed/wanted in my system is a power strip with protection that doesn't affect dynamics and doesn't cost a fortune. I found it in GigaWatt PF-2 EVO, which is in the lower tier of GigaWatt products.

https://www.gigawatt.eu/produkt/gigawatt-pf-2-evo/

Important note: basic power cable that comes with the strip (LC-1 EVO) reduces the dynamics and upgrade to LC-2 EVO is mandatory.

https://www.gigawatt.pl/produkt/ekranowa...-lc-2-evo/

I also use Furutech FT-SWS NCF Wall Socket.

This is a combo that works in my system, in my room, with my speakers. As I already said - everyone should try different solutions and find what suits best to his system.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7